I Live in a NEIGHBORHOOD!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Live in a NEIGHBORHOOD!!!!

It has been ages since I lived in a NEIGHBORHOOD.

Until this week, we lived "back in the woods" NW of Houston, and my nearest neighbors were ... well... I knew them, but they weren't "right next to me".

We have moved closer to the Church I Pastor (we had been driving 104 miles round trip) but we were unable to find the home we wanted.

SO, we decided to rent a house for 1 year while we buy property and build the home we want. So, we moved from a 2400 sq ft + home with a garage apartment, 5 garage bays, and a 50 x 70 shop to a ... shudder... 1300 sq ft rental IN A NEIGHBORHOOD.

By the Grace of God, I think we can do this, but it's a NEIGHBORHOOD!!!! There is a house behind mine, beside mine, across the street from mine, and looking out from my back porch, I can see a row of houses all next to each other on the side street. (We live on a corner lot)

Pray, Tweb, PRAY -- we need to make this work for 1 year, but... did I mention it's a NEIGHBORHOOD?!?!?!?!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

You will do great!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The real question is ... how is Jake adjusting?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Poor CP. In the city with no cow's to poke. Must be difficult.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            Poor CP. In the city with no cow's to poke. Must be difficult.
            there are cows in the city......they just might not be bovine cows.
            Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Couldn't help but think of this song.
              ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

obviously God put you there to save all of your neighbors and make them join your church. get to it!

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    You will do great!

hold me!

(Actually, it's working out quite fine)
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      The real question is ... how is Jake adjusting?
                      I made Jake a really nice thunder table. He seems to enjoy it even when there's no thunder. It's basically one of his comfy beds with a coffee table over it, in the corner between a leather couch and leather chair.... it's like a quiet room for him. He still seems just a bit confused, but, I think he'll do just fine.

I think he's really going to miss Sandy. Sandy, for those who don't know, was the neighbor's dog at our old place who would always sleep on our front porch, or if we opened the gate, she would come into the back yard to be with Jake. They were real buds.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        I made Jake a really nice thunder table. He seems to enjoy it even when there's no thunder. It's basically one of his comfy beds with a coffee table over it, in the corner between a leather couch and leather chair.... it's like a quiet room for him. He still seems just a bit confused, but, I think he'll do just fine.

I think he's really going to miss Sandy. Sandy, for those who don't know, was the neighbor's dog at our old place who would always sleep on our front porch, or if we opened the gate, she would come into the back yard to be with Jake. They were real buds.
                        My favorite dog used to squeeze in under the end table between the couch and my recliner. I called it his "hidey hole."

I was wondering how he'd adjust to being pretty much free range to suburban life where things like leash laws are in effect.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          My favorite dog used to squeeze in under the end table between the couch and my recliner. I called it his "hidey hole."

I was wondering how he'd adjust to being pretty much free range to suburban life where things like leash laws are in effect.
                          He's doing pretty good, actually. When he gets to the end of the driveway (30 feet? ) I tell him "enough", and he stops and looks at me like "REALLY?!?!?!" But he stays in the yard.

This is only for a year. And the landlord was, apparently, quite happy to have us, and promised that if we found property and built sooner, they'd be willing to work with us on releasing us early from the lease.

We're still in the final stages of wrapping up the property sale with the VA loan - I think our new closing date is June 6. ("D-Day")

Comment

I noticed, as we were scoping out this house for lease, that there were a number of cop vehicles in the neighborhood. Sheriff's Deputy just two doors down, a DPS vehicle at the end of the street, and 2 or 3 city PD vehicles. My son-in-law, a Sergeant on the local police force, said, "yeah, this developer has three developments in the city, and he always tries to lease to at least three police officers in each of the developments at reduced rates".

I like that!

Comment

Our next door neighbour is former RCMP who now works for the provincial gaming and liquor board (still a cop in essence), and we are so thankful for his presence and friendship.

The man across the street used to work with our neighbour until last year, when he was fired for embezzlement. He is crazy, and I mean that in the worst possible way. He thinks he owns the street and does some seriously weird stuff. I am pretty sure he egged my car a couple of winters ago because it was parked in the street across from his house (right in front of MY house). He told me it made the snow plow push more snow onto HIS side of the street which made him have to work harder to shovel that snow.

Yes. He shovels the snow off the road. And it is impossible for the snow plow to have done that because they are not made that way. Anyway, my car was egged when I moved it later. The police have been called on him by other neighbours many times. He stands in his front window and flips the bird at anybody who walks the sidewalk in front of his house. I have seen mothers walking their kids to school on that side of the street begin to walk on my side instead.

He should have been put in jail for the embezzling, but was simply fired. And since it was a provincial job, he stole MY money!
                              Last edited by mossrose; 05-31-2016, 08:54 AM.

Comment