I Live in a NEIGHBORHOOD!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Our next door neighbour is former RCMP who now works for the provincial gaming and liquor board (still a cop in essence), and we are so thankful for his presence and friendship.

The man across the street used to work with our neighbour until last year, when he was fired for embezzlement. He is crazy, and I mean that in the worst possible way. He thinks he owns the street and does some seriously weird stuff. I am pretty sure he egged my car a couple of winters ago because it was parked in the street across from his house (right in front of MY house). He told me it made the snow plow push more snow onto HIS side of the street which made him have to work harder to shovel that snow.

Yes. He shovels the snow off the road. And it is impossible for the snow plow to have done that because they are not made that way. Anyway, my car was egged when I moved it later. The police have been called on him by other neighbours many times. He stands in his front window and flips the bird at anybody who walks the sidewalk in front of his house. I have seen mothers walking their kids to school on that side of the street begin to walk on my side instead.

He should have been put in jail for the embezzling, but was simply fired. And since it was a provincial job, he stole MY money!
    I had a neighbor a bit like that at my old house. Him and his kids were always in trouble with the cops. My house was broken into over a holiday weekend when I was out of town, and I was pretty sure it was them. The cops who came out even said it was probably them, but they didn't have enough to investigate them. But they said every cop in the district knew that family. They were one of the reasons I moved.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I had a neighbor a bit like that at my old house. Him and his kids were always in trouble with the cops. My house was broken into over a holiday weekend when I was out of town, and I was pretty sure it was them. The cops who came out even said it was probably them, but they didn't have enough to investigate them. But they said every cop in the district knew that family. They were one of the reasons I moved.

His next door neighbours, a wonderful family, moved. He was nasty to the children.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I have lived in a neighborhood for almost two weeks now, and there is nothing wrong with me that wasn't wrong with me before I moved here.

Maybe this will work.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I have lived in a neighborhood for almost two weeks now, and there is nothing wrong with me that wasn't wrong with me before I moved here.

Maybe this will work.
          So you haven't started sitting in a dark corner, rocking and singing "Don't Fence Me In" under your breath?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            So you haven't started sitting in a dark corner, rocking and singing "Don't Fence Me In" under your breath?
            Yet.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Yet.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Maybe this will work.
                I definitely prefer my 3.3 acres in the forest, but I didn't mind living in a neighborhood, either.
                I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                  I definitely prefer my 3.3 acres in the forest, but I didn't mind living in a neighborhood, either.
                  I think, maybe, I currently have 0.3 acres in a neighborhood, but I think we can make it work.

Comment

I think, maybe, I currently have 0.3 acres in a neighborhood, but I think we can make it work.
                    How will you keep the cows on 0.3 acres?
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                      Miniature cows.
                      http://www.miniaturecattleanddonkeys.co.nz/
                      http://www.rarebreeds.co.nz/williscattle.html
                      http://www.miniaturebull.com/
                      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        O988OJQ.jpg

Of course if CP wants, roguetech's shrink ray could help...

c183d6d6631e6f01f299975161cc359e.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I never thought I'd say this before, but I think I'm OK with not poking cows for a while. The market is such that they're pretty much only good for maintaining an ag exemption on property taxes, and since I don't have "acreage", maybe I can get out of the cattle business.

Comment

My wife tells me I'm wrong about how much space we have. She thinks it's 1.3 acres, but whatever.

Our house in Texas was on a lot with <.1 acres. The south side was a zero lot line property.
                            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

I never thought I'd say this before, but I think I'm OK with not poking cows for a while. The market is such that they're pretty much only good for maintaining an ag exemption on property taxes, and since I don't have "acreage", maybe I can get out of the cattle business.
                              What you have to change you user name again? Now that you live in a neighborhood should we call you Mister Rogers?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                What you have to change you user name again? Now that you live in a neighborhood should we call you Mister Rogers?
                                How about Crazy Pastor? That way we can still use the initials CP when talking about him.

Comment