Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any archive pages or logs of the 'Wrath of the Peacemonger' game thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any archive pages or logs of the 'Wrath of the Peacemonger' game thread?

Hi everyone, long time no appear here.

I've been trying to reconstrcut the 'Wrath of the Peacemonger' game thread that Wildrow12 ran a few years back, since it had a lot of awesome story moments in it that I'm looking at possibly making something out of.

I have about 30% of the thread through old Topic Reply notification emails, but that obviously doesn't include any of my own posts, anything before I first posted, or posts made after the first one since I checked the thread. I can remember a lot of my own dialogue, but it'd be nice to have a more complete record to work from.

If anyone has some old topic reply notifications from back then, please search through your email archives for peacemonger, select all of those emails and select 'save messages as' simple text without attachments into a new folder. You can then simply combine them into one text file via the command prompt by navigating to the folder and entering a simple copy command

copy *.txt peacelog.txt

(see instructions here)

Then upload your file somewhere and send me a link.

My current incomplete log (somewhat polished up) can be found here

Thanks,

Ben.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Here it is on the Way Back machine... Don't know how many pages were captured

https://web.archive.org/web/20130912...nger-(M-amp-M)
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
      Here it is on the Way Back machine... Don't know how many pages were captured

https://web.archive.org/web/20130912...nger-(M-amp-M)
      Looks like just the first 10, and the last one. It was a bit much to expect any more than that. Thanks.

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

A Hope That Burns

Comment

I talked to the GM (he and I game a few nights a week elsewhere). Unfortunately, he lost all his old notes on both of his games for here ("Take Back the Night," and, "Wrath of the Peacemonger,") though he did manage to re-use some of his concepts for a new game he ran elsewhere called, "Homeless Heroes."

I remember quite a bit, actually, of both games. I'll provide a synopsis of what I remember of each game (as well as a bit of the backstory, which I've been able to salvage from the archives).

Here's the Synopsis from the old "Looking For Players" Thread:

:SYSTEM "MAJESTIC" ONLINE.
        QUERY?

>History of Superheroes

ACCESSING COMPILED DATA......OK!
        AUTHOR: OSGOOD.D 1992
        "A Reasonably Brief History Of Metahuman Activity And It’s Effects On Present Day Sol City

Or

How The World Went Cuckoo In Tights"

By: Dane Osgood

The world is not what it used to be. What it used to be was fairly nice. A few wars and disasters here and there, perhaps, the occasional giant monster or evil such and such would crop up like teen acne, but all things said, life was pretty sweet.
        Now there are insane mutant carnies using their loopy powers to spread fear over an already chaotic, city.

Now gun runners packing enough firepower and training to take over Portugal, are turning the streets of sunny Sol into a warzone and peddling their next generation doomsday devices to twitchy kids who have seen one too many gun-fu movies.

Now junkies saturated with mutagenic drugs, synthetic adrenaline, and bleeding edge nano-delivered toxins are tearing apart Downtown and leaving even our “finest” civil servants either quaking in their boots, or decorating the already dirty streets with
        their blood.

To make matters worse, on a global scale new Super Villains with outrageous powers, ludicrous motifs, and jaw dropping resources are seeking to carve out their own fiefdoms , or go for the whole enchilada and rule the world. At this point, they can have it.

…and that’s the short list.

But how did it all get like this? As a great man once said, “the biggest step in a journey is the first”.
        Whatever the hell that means. Oh for Pete’s sake, let’s just get this over with!

**In The Beginning There Was Hero**
        Superheroes have been a part of Earth’s history, for as long as we’ve had a history to speak of. Gilgamesh, Hippolyta, Achilles, the whole lot of ‘em real, live (at least several thousand years ago) superheroes with powers, costumes, and all that jazz. Sounds neat, but believe you me, you wouldn’t want to live there

Demons, angels, rogue gods, aliens, time traveling jerks from years with eight digits, monsters and all sorts of bad seeds roamed the ancient world too. Trust me, it wasn’t pretty. Remember the story of Talos and the Argonauts? Well, here’s the part they left out: “Talos” was actually a Crovian mercenary (friggin Croves, we’ll get to them later), armed with the kind of tech that would still be considered next gen today. The Argonauts? Jason and his gang might have very well been the very first Superhero league. Trust me, beating a Crove ain’t no walk in the park, especially armed with just iron age weapons. Yep, if not for guys and gals like them, we’d have seen the end of the human race ten times over.

After so many centuries living alongside extraordinary people, you’d think that humanity would have learned to appreciate the good ones.

But humans….we don’t learn easy, huh?

While the history of how things went downhill is different for every country, the focus here is Sol City, so we’ll be taking in a quick look at how the good ole US of A went down the tubes.

**All American (sort of) Heroes**

During the early years of American colonization, stories of super humans was either dismissed as local hokum or used as justification for the rampant witch hunts that marked the era.
        But lynch mob or myth making aside, there were more than a few heroes around, and a good thing too, there were plenty o’ no-goodniks just waiting to cause havoc. From the stories of the shapeshifting trickster Coyote and his battle with the Giant of the Mountain range, to the legends of the first colonial heroes, the Midnight Society, made up of founding members Jacques Le Lupe (a warlock with “wolfish” tendencies) and Jeremiah Irons (a Quaker preacher armed with nothing but a sharp eye, and some serious cojones), there were more than enough heroes to around to stem the tide.

But it was not until the War of 1812, that the superhero would gain national respect. For awhile anyway.
        During the conflict American soldiers began to spread rumors of a man who could not die. They talked about a strange, bearded guy who could be riddled with bullets and stabbed and still come back for more. They spoke of this man marching through the battle lines and taking the fight to the Brits.

Soldiers who were rescued by this hero, said that he was strong but noble and kind. One soldier, a private whose name is lost to history (fancy words for, “we don’t know who said it”, eh?) said that he reminded him of his uncle, supposedly a man of great strength and virtue. So it came to pass that they began to refer to this man as simply “Uncle”. I wonder if they would have done the same thing if the private had been thinkin’ of his grandpappy at the time?
        Anyhoo, things really came to a head on August 24, 1814. One the Royal Army’s favorite “extraordinary gentlemen”, Fiery Jack was leading an assault on Washington, and setting fire to everything his pyrokinetic powers could reach (which was bad considering the flame-flingin’ limey could burn anything within his sight range). But as Capitol burned, a single figure moved through the flames and engaged Fiery Jack directly. No matter how many bullets tore through him, or how gravely the flames cooked him, the strange man garbed in the red, white, and blue fought on, though forced back by the furious assault, Fiery Jack would meet his rival again during the Battle of Baltimore.
        During the battle, and with soldiers on both sides watching, Fiery Jack, being a traditionalist, asked his foe for his name. What the unknown champion said next went down in history.

“My name, dear sir, is Samuel Wilson, a citizen soldier as you can plainly tell. However, you may refer to me as Uncle Sam”.

With those words, the career of Americas first, greatest (and to date only) Immortal, began.

Over the years following the war, Uncle Sam became a symbol for the American people and an example for all heroes to follow. Due to his peerless healing factor (the calling card of all Immortals), Sam would be at the forefront of his nation’s wars throughout the centuries and would be the first line of defense against foes both mundane, and super-powered.

Over time, Uncle Sam would gather crime fighters of all stripes to form the numerous superhero leagues to make pummeling evil easier.

Through countless extra dimensional l incursions, super villainous plots, and a World War, the American superheroes and their foreign allies helped preserve peace.

But then, they came. The damn Crovians and their nightmarish technology and the world was set afire again. An army of unsurpassed rage and technological might, backed by some of the most powerful superhumans the world had ever known.
        But then SHE appeared.

**If This Be The Scion….!**

It was 1933, and a vicious, evil, twisted, but charismatic (go figure) politico had gathered a mob of similarly minded vicious sods and through a concentrated campaign of terror and psychic manipulation, this man became the chancellor of Germany. It was believed that he would not last long, after all, he had made so many promises that his citizens knew he could not possibly keep.
        He promised to restore Germany to the days of its glory and wealth.

He promised power to the power hungry generals and super powered thugs who had been twisted by hunger and misfortune to believe him.

Most of all, he promised revenge.

The people asked how this man, this failed artist could possibly achieve all that. How could Germany possibly win a super powered arms race against the rest of the world?
        It was February 12, 1933 when Adolf Hitler introduced his new allies, the Crovians and with their help he and his morally compromised (ain’t that an understatement) R&D department began a military buildup, which has yet to be surpassed.
        The Croves are a nasty bunch: 40 ft tall (on average) and wrapped in tons of high-tech bio armor made from what the eggheads call a “hyper-responsive memory shape alloy with innate kinetic shielding”. In English, that means that that you have to deal with a 40 ft tall alien freak wrapped in a tin can suit that can’t even be tickled by standard weapons. Their whole society is based on a mercenary model. The Crovians don’t care who they fight for, as long as you can pay your tab, and as long as they get to test their new toys without restrictions. How a creep like Adolf “paid” them is still up for debate.

By the time the rest of the world began to react, it was too late: The Reich had an army of robots, magically summoned demons, psychic operatives, and super powered Übermenchs made up of not only veterans like Dreadnaught, The Black Jager, and Sinnesprinz (one of the most powerful psychics to have ever lived), but two immortals, discovered (some even said, “Created”, scary huh?) by Axis recruiters: Chieko Inoue (codename: Omega Blossom), and Ambrogio Greco (codename: Omega Bloom). These two super powered operatives were augmented and given all sorts of high-tech swag, making them more than a match for even a team of supers and even the skills and power of older Immortals like Uncle Sam.
        For nearly seven, brutal, godforsaken years, we fought that damn war. Sometimes we’d win. Sometimes they’d win. But as the war dragged on they won more and more.
        By 1942 things were looking grim. London was under siege, and Russia had all but fallen under the assault of the alien supported, magically enhanced, psychically overseen, and super humanly powerful Axis. China was practically in Japan’s hands, and air and sea skirmishes had begun on U.S. soil.

That animal….he laughed. As we suffered, he and his wolves laughed. “It was only a matter of time they said”. He had no idea how right he was.

No one knew where she came from. No one knew what she was. A female figure, perfect in every way, but without detail to either flesh or face, like a radiant silhouette. For years, everyone thought she was a hallucination, a product of delirium or near death lunacy. But when so many agreed on the same details, it became obvious that this “ghost woman” was quite real.

No one knew what she wanted. She just stood on the sidelines during great battles watching coldly, giving no indication of her favor. If accosted, she would just teleport away. If fired upon she would simply vanish without a trace. It was not until 1943 that we heard anything from her.

During the siege of New York, a lowly reporter named Dane Osgood was pulled away just seconds before a German missile crashed into the offices of the Daily Times, his (former) workplace. Finding myself floating miles above the burning wreckage, held in the arms of a golden, glowing, female figure without features, I struggled for words. Before I could even say a peep the figure carried me to a nearby rooftop and forming an impregnable bubble around us, set me down. Dropping a notebook onto my lap the figure informed me that she wanted to be interviewed.

Nine hours later, I got carried by my “subject” to a friend’s house and I began to type up my dialogue with this mysterious being. A week later, the now famous “Scion Report” was published.
        Here’s what I found out: the creature referred to itself as “The Scion”, and she came from a “place without stars” to observe the human race. The Scion revealed that she wielded the “power cosmic” (the ability to control the fabric of reality, the make-up of the cosmos, etc. Trust me, not a costumer you want to deal with). The Scion claimed that she was drawn to the Earth because of all the super powered beings she had sensed during a fly-by. She also seemed drawn to the sites of battles calling them “glorious moments of dynamic energy release”. However, she claimed no alliance and seemed to not care about the lives of “mere dust specks in the eyes of the galaxy”.
        Despite the best efforts of personnel on both sides of the conflict, The Scion refused any and all attempts to recruit her.
        By 1944 Most of Europe had fallen, and the United States was surrounded on all sides by the forces of the Axis powers. The Allies found themselves isolated. Defeat was unthinkable, but inevitable. The Allies mustered the last of their forces on all fronts, knowing that even should their respective countries fall, they would at least die fighting.

Then, on May 16, 1944 at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time, a miracle occurred. Radio chatter filled the airwaves with reports of a ball of energy flying at speeds long thought impossible, cutting through Axis naval and air fleets. The dawn of May 17th brought with it news that Axis forces which had set up bases in the Carribbean, South America, and Canada, had been devastated and rendered unable to continue functioning by what was described as “A screaming ball of pure light which burned and ravaged anything in its path”. By June of that year, it was clear that the tide was turning in a big way. By the time June 6th rolled around and Operation Rapier (the world’s most hastily done, and most suicidal amphibious/airborne combined assault) was underway, the Axis forces has been dealt staggering defeat after staggering defeat by this unknown force of destruction and it was time for us to capitalize.
        On April 28th 1945, reports flew in that the “Victory Ball” (what they called it then) had devastated countless Italian army bases and bunkers culminating with the destruction of Benito Mussolini’s headquarters, the flying battle cruiser “Vittoria”, claiming the life of Il Duce himself.

On April 30th 1945, The Victory Ball’s identity was revealed. Though by now, you probably can guess that it was The Scion. Uncle Sam and the Freedom Brigade were the first on the scene as the flash struck Berlin. They say it was like a hammer of light, a sound of thunder, the screams, the yelling, all gone in a single moment of horror. She destroyed Berlin. No, when something’s destroyed there are remains, debris, something to remind you that it was there. No….she erased it. Nothing but a cold, crater remained. Hitler was gone and most of his super soldiers with him, along with the entire damn city and everyone in it.

After this show of force, Japan surrendered only a few months later. Smart move.

We were all so happy…..life was sweet again. Boy, talk about living under the Sword of Damocles!

The Fall From Grace

The years following “The Big One” were mixed bag. Sometimes good. Sometimes bad.

In 1959, the Vietnamese superhero duo known as “Golden Axe” and “Silver Axe”, raised an army and united North and South Vietnam, proclaimed themselves The Golden and Silver Emperors of the nation. During one of the super powered siblings’ many attempts to conquer the world they destroyed the city of Tampa, Florida. That’s Bad.

In 1961, John F. Kennedy was voted into office and for the first time, there was a president who really cared about super powered folk and honest vigilantes as more than just weapons. That’s good.

In that same year, Ozwald Dias, a billionaire real estate tycoon and philanthropist announced his intention to create a new city on the outskirts of the devastated ruins of Tampa. Powered by the revolutionary Solicon Beta Fission Reactor (a bit of technology pinched from the Crovians after the war), this new city—Sol City—became the new center of growth and wealth,( and eventually vice and fear )of the entire state of Florida. That’s Good (sort of).

In 1963, John F. Kennedy was assassinated which led to a nationwide panic. That’s Bad.

On November 25th of that year, The Scion got angry. That’s REALLY BAD.

On November 25, 1963 at 5:25 PM, The Scion went on a coast to coast rampage which left thousands of Americans dead or injured and millions homeless. She was stopped only when the U.S. military delivered a combined nuclear strike on her position (which unfortunately just happened to be Dallas, Texas). Distracted by local heroes, The Scion was unable to react until it was too late. Countless lives were lost, most of Texas is now an irradiated wasteland and then there was the revelation that not only did the U.S. have these kinds of weapons (developed during a time of peace no less), but so did most of the other major world powers . To this day we forever immortalize this date as “Golden Tuesday”. Superheroes have a different name for it: “The Fall”.

I don’t know why she did it. Plenty of so-called experts have theories, but no one knows why The Scion went berserk. All that we know is that she died, and so did a lot of good people. It hit everyone hard, especially Uncle Sam. Rumor has it that he began to hit the bottle afterwards. After what happened next, I can’t say that I blame him.

Kennedy’s successor, Lyndon B. Johnson was terrified of the power he had to unleash to stop the renegade superhero. But he (like most Americans and indeed, the whole honkin’ world) was more terrified of the “living weapons of mass destruction” that were living under his nose. So he took steps to curb the problem, as he saw it.

March 12, 1965: LBJ signed into effect both the Vigilantism Zero Tolerance Act, and the Dallas Memorial Act, effectively making super powers illegal and making private crime fighters into felons.

March 12, 1969: On the anniversary of his predecessor’s “momentous” decision, President Richard Nixon signs into effect The Super Natural Resources Act, an addition to the laws signed by former president Johnson which now declared that persons who exhibit super natural powers were now considered exploitable resources and were thus given two options: leave the country or submit and become Federal operatives. Well, there is always the third choice: get captured by a Federal Containment Squad (FCS) and get sent to a concentration—oh wait, they don’t call them that. No they call them “Recruitment Camps”. Right.
        It has just gotten worse since. Each subsequent president has put their own personal spin on the Acts, making it more likely that an angry kid with powers is more likely to become a super villain than an actual hero. The only chance most heroes had of plying their trade was to head to one of the major cities and do their crime fighting at night, hoping all the while that they don’t catch a bullet, beam, or knuckle from either the criminals they hunted or the government who hunted them.

------------REMAINING TEXT UNREADABLE--------------------

QUERY?

>Assess current Global Geo-Political Situation

ACCESSING RELEVANT RECORDS......OK!

GLOBAL SITUATION AS OF 3/12/1993:

**CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES:**
        SOL CITY INCIDENT INVOLVING RENEGADE VIGILANTES RESULTS IN LAST "FREE ZONE" FOR SUPERHUMANS HAVING ITS STATUS REVOKED. AS OF THIS DATE, PRESIDENT PEROT HAS DECLARED ALL STATES, CITIES, AND HOLDINGS OF THE UNITED STATES TO BE UNDER THE EDICTS OF THE VZTA, THE DMA, AND THE SRA, EFFECTIVELY MAKING PRIVATE SUPERHEROES AND THEIR BOOSTERS INTO FUGITIVES. GLOBAL MANHUNT FOR RENEGADE SUPERS GROUP CODENAMED "FATAL FIVE" CONTINUES.

**CANADA:**
        FEDERATION OF SUPERNATURALLY SENSITIVE INDIVIDUALS (FOSSI) CONTINUES IN ITS EFFORTS TO UPHOLD LAW AND ORDER AND DEFEND CANADIAN CITIZENS FROM THE PREDATIONS OF CRIMINAL MASTERMIND LUPE GAROU AND HIS ORGANIZATION (THE LUNAR SOCIETY). FLUCTUATIONS DETECTED WITH EVERFROST (THE SOURCE OF ALL CANADIAN SUPERHUMAN POWER). INCREASED CRIME AND CONFLICT AS A RESULT.

**CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA:**
        THE REIGNING CHAMPION OF THE "GRAN COMBATE" (TRANSLATION: 'GRAND COMBAT'), EL MOTOCICLISTA CONTINUES TO EXERCISE SUBSTANTIAL, UNCHECKED POLITICAL POWER. TENSIONS WITH ALL LATIN AMERICAN NATIONS AT BREAKING POINT. MOTOCICLISTA'S MARXIST RHETORIC CONTINUES TO ESCALATE ALREADY INTENSE ANTI-GOVERNMENT SENTIMENT ACROSS THE CONTINENTS. CATASTROPHIC CIVIL WAR INEVITABLE.

**AUSTRALIA:**
        NEGOTIATIONS BETWEEN NORTH AND SOUTH AUSTRALIA HAVE BROKEN DOWN. FOR THE 5TH TIME SINCE THE RISE OF THE ANTHROMORPHS, THE ENTIRE CONTINENT IS CONSUMED BY WAR BETWEEN THE GENETICALLY ADVANCED ANTHROMORPHS OF NORTHEN AUSTRALIA AND THE MAGICALLY EMPOWERED TRIBES AND COLLECTIVES OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA.

**UNITED KINGDOM:**
        MARK 2 CONSTABOTS ENTERED SERVICE ON 2/2/1993. REIGNING BRITISH NATIONALIST PARTY CONTINUES DOMINANCE OF ALL POLICY AND LAW. CONFLICT BETWEEN RESISTANCE GROUP, "THE MERRY MEN" AND THE GOVERNMENT NOW NEARING END DUE TO THE IMMENSE POWER OF THE MARK 2 CONSTABOT POLICE FORCE. MOST MEMBERS OF RESISTANCE ARE EITHER DEAD OR CAPTURED.

**FRANCE:**
        VIOLENT RIOTS HAVE INTENSIFIED. POSSIBLE SOURCE MAY BE CULTURAL ICON/SUPERVILLAIN MASTERMIND,IRON MASK'S RACIST COMMENTS. RIOTS ARE SEEMINGLY INCREASING IN VIOLENCE, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND LOSS OF LIFE. FRENCH AUTHORITIES CONSIDERING MARTIAL LAW.

**JAPAN:**
        CRIME RATE IS NEAR 0%. HOWEVER CONFLICT BETWEEN SUPERHEROES CONTROLLED BY RIVAL CORPORATIONS HAVE ESCALATED. JAPANESE GOVERNMENT POWERLESS TO CONTROL PRIVATELY OWNED SUPERHUMANS. FULL-BLOWN CORPORATE WAR INEVITABLE.

**USSR:**
        STATUS UNKNOWN DUE TO PRESENCE OF "IRON CURTAIN" ENERGY SHELL. GLOBAL CONCERN OVER SOVIET ARMAMENT BUILD-UP INCREASING.

CONCLUSION: POSSIBILITY OF CO-OCCURRING CATASTROPHIC EVENTS AT 75%.
        QUERY?

>STATUS OF FATAL FIVE.

ACCESSING FILES....OK!

AFTER ELIMINATING DRUG LORD, SUGAR DADDY AND MAGICAL CULT LEADER, THE RING MASTER, AND NARROWLY AVOIDING CAPTURE BY THE VICTORY VANGUARD, THE UNITED STATE'S PREMIERE SUPERHERO TEAM, THE FATAL FIVE WERE LAST SEEN IN THE COMPANY OF VETERAN VIGILANTE, NIGHTSHADE. CURRENT LOCATION UNKNOWN. BELIEVED TO BE TRAVELING AROUND WORLD ON-BOARD A STOLEN SUBMARINE, POSSIBLY RECRUITING ADVENTURERS.
        Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Thanks, the parts I'm most interested in are the conversation with the party people before the cage match, as that was a turning point in Gravitron's character development, and a more complete record of Sophia and Ignition's discussion of lethal versus non-lethal force. Gravitron's conversation with Motocyclista at the top of the tower would be a bonus, since I can remember most of that myself. If nobody has them, then I think I have enough to build from, and I can try to make up some awesome stuff to fill in the gaps and conclude the overall story arc with, maybe cut out some of the sillier stuff that detracted from the overall tone.

A Hope That Burns

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X