Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Death Of Jan Crouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Death Of Jan Crouch

Why did she die - let me quote:

“She must’ve spoken negative words out loud. That’s the only explanation I’ve got,” Osteen concluded.

Fighting off tears, televangelist Benny Hinn told reporters during an interview that Crouch must have spoken her own death into existence. “People who are strong in faith unlock their own potential and destiny. Jan must have tired of the treasures of this life—luxury has its limits, which she certainly tested—and she spoke her own demise into being. I can’t think of a single other reason that can explain why she would die of a stroke during ‘healing month’ on TBN

Bishop T. D. Jakes posited his own theory in an afternoon press release, stating that the massive stroke she suffered must have simply had more faith than her. “We must speak victory over our obstacles, and in this case, the stroke must have somehow released its life force by declaring victory over Jan Crouch’s health—activating God to do its will through faith, unfortunately.”

Lastly, Kenneth Copeland gave an interview saying that the circumstances of her death didn’t make sense, before nervously adding that he’s going to increase his health declarations to four times per day, since he “ain’t gettin’ any younger” himself.
    http://babylonbee.com/news/top-prosp...th-jan-crouch/

Who are these people? Is this Christianity?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

I have to confess, the word of faith peeps are great entertainment.
    The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
      I find them deeply embarrassing, and not in the least harmless.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

They are heretical, and are leading so many people astray.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I attended a faith healer meeting with the idea I'd get a few laughs. I got crazy angry instead. People came to him with real hope of healing. They were turned away disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            They are heretical, and are leading so many people astray.
            You don't think God's in control?

Comment

You don't think God's in control?

Of course.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Of course.
                Then do you really think God's people are being lead astray?

Comment

Then do you really think God's people are being lead astray?

I didn't say they were God's people. The WoF leaders are certainly not. Those who follow them might have little or no actual knowledge of the scriptural gospel of Christ. They are promised health and wealth and in spite of the leaders being the only ones who get rich, they keep following.

If there are "true believers" among the fleeced, they lack discernment and are ignoring the truth. That's why there are people like Justin Peters who seek to get the message out that the WoF leaders are false prophets.

Unbelievers are certainly led astray. Unless and until they repent.

Comment

From the same article seer posted:

"Whatever the reason for Crouch’s sudden passing, Trinity Broadcasting Network has announced an upcoming month of solemnly and aggressively seeking donations in her honor."

Are you kidding me?

Comment

yep that is the danger of the word of faith heretics. They make you believe that if you have enough faith you can speak your desires into existence, like wealth, and health. And if you don't have wealth and health, then you lack faith, and not really believing in God. They won't hesitate to throw their own under the bus, as illustrated with Jan Crouch.

Comment

Isn't Babylon Bee a satire website? While it sounds kind of like stuff the WoF movement says, it might be a good idea to find another source.

Comment

Um, you realise babylonbee is a Christian satire site?
                          --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

They are horribly accurate in what they are saying, then.

Comment

From the same article seer posted:

"Whatever the reason for Crouch’s sudden passing, Trinity Broadcasting Network has announced an upcoming month of solemnly and aggressively seeking donations in her honor."

Are you kidding me?
                              No they are not - her death is a cash cow!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X