Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Problems in Newtonian Mechanics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hansgeorg View Post
    I though no waves,
    I guess the internet is eating 't's today ...

and see no S waves pass directly through core.
    They can't get through the molten layer because of the kind of wave they are, which is how we know that layer is liquid.

Could P waves seeming to do so have another explanation?
    You do realize that having no knowledge of the subject, doubting the results of experts and trying to propose alternate solutions no one else has ever thought of is absolute Dunning Kruger - right? It only shows your own inability to recognize your limitations and lack of expertise.

Note, I jumped straight down without looking at what distinction between S and P waves is.

After checking, a P wave could displace the outer walls of Hell, these by solid in contact continue the movement on other side of Hell and therefore trasnmit the P wave.
    Ditto. He reads one web page description and now knows all about P and S waves ....

Or, if Earth is not rotating, we miss out on the geodynamo ...?

Perhaps not:
    Or you could take enough time to LEARN about the subjects and ask intelligent questions ...

This part could be done by aether rotating around axis of Earth that far down too.

Says the instant google expert ....

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      You made at least one error, and you're result is a bit low...
      Come on, he's only out by 36 o-o-m - that's a small mistake.
      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• It seems some of the debate has been deleted?

Well, I did a little extra calculating while the site was down.

Newtonianly speaking, Can Earth Still Orbit Sun After 4.5 Billion Years?
        http://nov9blogg9.blogspot.fr/2017/01/newtonianly-speaking-can-earth-still.html

My last item in that post was that after 4.5 billion years, if one calls the initial balance momentum:gravitation or speed:gravitation 1:1, the imbalance after 4.5 billion years becomes 10,000,000:10,000,001 (with momentum) or nearly 10,000,000:10,000,002 (with speed).

And same imbalance has nearly been reached already 10,000,000 years ago. It involves both momentum going down, speed going down (lower momentum and that on more mass) and also, due to more mass, gravitation from sun going up.

How would you deal with that?
        http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

Comment

It seems some of the debate has been deleted?
          There was maintenance on the server a few days ago which required a database restore. Unfortunately, a number of posts were lost from many different threads, as a result.
          "[Mathematics] is the revealer of every genuine truth, for it knows every hidden secret, and bears the key to every subtlety of letters; whoever, then, has the effrontery to pursue physics while neglecting mathematics should know from the start he will never make his entry through the portals of wisdom."
          --Thomas Bradwardine, De Continuo (c. 1325)

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Pythagoras View Post
            There was maintenance on the server a few days ago which required a database restore. Unfortunately, a number of posts were lost from many different threads, as a result.
            Unfortunately, lost ... well ...

Comment

Unfortunately, lost ... well ...
              Are you implying something untoward, hans?
              "When the Western world accepted Christianity, Caesar conquered; and the received text of Western theology was edited by his lawyers…. The brief Galilean vision of humility flickered throughout the ages, uncertainly…. But the deeper idolatry, of the fashioning of God in the image of the Egyptian, Persian, and Roman imperial rulers, was retained. The Church gave unto God the attributes which belonged exclusively to Caesar."

— Alfred North Whitehead

Comment

• Originally posted by Duragizer View Post
                Are you implying something untoward, hans?
                More like suspecting.

Either way, as it happens, the questions I posed oxmixmudd, or rather challenge I made, has not been answered, despite my posting after the breakdown.

Comment

More like suspecting.

Either way, as it happens, the questions I posed oxmixmudd, or rather challenge I made, has not been answered, despite my posting after the breakdown.
                  There is nothing that requires an answer. I posted the correct result. The changes are insignificant, but you can't accept it and so you keep trying to find some way out of the implications.
                  .7 mm per second velocity change in a billion years Iirc

200 tonnes is the average input per day, and includes all input sources, saving perhaps large asteroid stikes of. which none are known to have occurred in recorded human history.

It was a worst case calculation assuming ALL the momentum of the strikes went into slowing the earth.

Such a small change over a billion years will also not matter if it were all tangential.

I also was enlightened a bit reading the referenced post on your blog as to the true state of your mind in these matters.

Jim
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-27-2017, 08:52 PM.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment