Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Political News (Libertarian) and checking in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carrikature View Post

That's not how deodorant works. You can get unscented deodorant, too.
    I'm not talking about scented deodorant but regular deodorant which helps keep body odor in check. That is why it is called deodorant.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It still blocks your natural scent.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Trust me when I say that there are some of us who need the nice smelling deodorant and antiperspirant.

Also we use other things because the bacteria that grow around our sweaty areas might smell somewhat limberger cheese like otherwise.

There is really nothing wrong with cleansing.

Which would you prefer. Old spice or limberger cheese.....

Thanks I'll take old spice on my hubby or whatever he wears. I personally prefer Pink Rosa from Dove. And I like bathing with rosy smelling soap.
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          I'm not talking about scented deodorant but regular deodorant which helps keep body odor in check. That is why it is called deodorant.
          Reducing scent is not masking it. That's clearly the line Darfius is drawing.

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          It still blocks your natural scent.
          Reduces creation of, not blocks. I think Darfius is well off the deep end, but it's not helpful to make false claims to counter his own.
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
            Darfius just pointed out a "curse" meant for someone actually misbehaving thinking it had something to do with me. I don't feel a thing, except lik swaying my sexy hips to attract my spouse...
            You don't put makeup on for your husband.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darfius View Post
              I put it on for me, to wear whenever I darn well please. Its what I think looks good. If you knew or asked one thing about me you'd know that I do things the way I like them, I don't really give a fig about what other people think or perceive. So IF I decide to wear make up for a special occasion its because I wanted to wear it or I think it looks nice, it has zero to do with societal norms. However as sanctimonious as you are, you assume that everyone wears makeup to make society think they look nice. That is a very deranged assumption.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Reducing scent is not masking it. That's clearly the line Darfius is drawing.

Reduces creation of, not blocks. I think Darfius is well off the deep end, but it's not helpful to make false claims to counter his own.
                Fine. Whatever language floats your boat, it is altering what is natural.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

And you know this how? And this is your business how?

Is anyone else reminded of Septa Mordane?
                  The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Xena View Post

I wasn't thinking of Septa Mordane but the person/character that DID come to mind would be a TBN televangelist giving a lecture on what constitutes sin according to his idea. Generally screaming in to the mic pretending to be "spirit-filled" followed by asking for money....
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I have a beard. I think all men should have beards, I said that. Pay attention.

Deodorant keeps you from stinking, it doesn't make you smell better than you normally do. Try thinking.
                      you also said that there was nothing wrong with shaving your face and it was not deception. pay attention. so why cant women shave their armpits or legs?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        It does indeed make you smell better because it masks your natural scent you heathen
                        deception!!!

Comment

that would be antiperspirant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Xena View Post

Presumably every husband knows what his wife looks like without makeup, so why would she attempt to keep up the deception for him? It's for everyone else she will meet throughout the day.

How were church members supposed to follow the instruction of keeping unrepentant Christians from church assembly if others' sins was "none of their business?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              you also said that there was nothing wrong with shaving your face and it was not deception. pay attention. so why cant women shave their armpits or legs?
                              I didn't say there was "nothing wrong with shaving your face." I like how you lie/make a mistake and tell me to pay attention. Idiot. Women can't shave their armpits or legs because it is deceptive. Perhaps repeating it will help it sink in. Fads do not become righteous because they are fads. Maybe if they spent the energy they spent shaving their legs being truthful they wouldn't be such liars.

Comment

How were church members supposed to follow the instruction of keeping unrepentant Christians from church assembly if others' sins was "none of their business?"
                                Subject-verb disagreement makes baby Jesus cry.

Comment