Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Political News (Libertarian) and checking in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Ah, now I understand!!

You've never even had a girlfriend, have you?
    I've been married.

Comment

Ahem....

If you want to accuse me of lying you need to provide evidence of it with your post.
      I have to provide every instance of me not saying something?

So basically you don' think shaving your face is deceptive, just maintaining what exists. So why would a woman shaving her legs be any different? If she allows her pit hair and leg hair to grow, it becomes unkempt, so it should be shaved to maintain what exists. Your own logic.
      For the fifth time, I do think a man shaving his face entirely is deceptive, which is why I think men should wear beards. And also repeated again, pit and leg hair do not grow indefinitely as a man's facial hair does. Women shave those areas to give the impression that they have no hair there at all--vanity--as opposed to a man trimming his beard hair to adhere to social conventions of sanity and cleanliness--no vanity.

Comment

your argument's flaws have been pointed out to you many times, Darfius. If the purpose is to NOT deceive, then trimming your beard to keep it from being naturally unkempt is deception. Combing your hair to keep it from being naturally unkempt it deception. Brushing your teeth to keep off the natural plaque is deception. Stopping your natural body odor or breath odor is deception. Wearing clothes is deception. At least according to the way YOU use the word "deception" in your arguments.
        Do you STILL not understand the difference between maintenance and destruction? To completely shave something away is to destroy it, not maintain it. All of those other activities, combing, brushing, etc. MAINTAIN what STILL exists. I am amazed that someone as idiotic as you was allowed to take over this site.

Comment

and yet you don't say the same thing for women to wear makeup, or shave their legs and armpits. How odd.
          Odd to a moron, perhaps. The difference is the involvement of vanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darfius View Post
            I've been married.
            Amazing that you are still able to post, then.

Comment

I have to provide every instance of me not saying something?

For the fifth time, I do think a man shaving his face entirely is deceptive, which is why I think men should wear beards. And also repeated again, pit and leg hair do not grow indefinitely as a man's facial hair does. Women shave those areas to give the impression that they have no hair there at all--vanity--as opposed to a man trimming his beard hair to adhere to social conventions of sanity and cleanliness--no vanity.
              I love how you try to avoid the issue. I was talking about trimming a beard too, or cutting your hair, or even combing it. Since "unkempt" is natural, trying to hide your unkemptness is deception.

A woman shaving her legs and armpits is as much "social convention" as showering and shaving for a man. Or cutting your hair to a certain length. Your arguments hold no weight. You seem to think women can't wear or do certain things because "the bible" but men can ignore the same rules because "social conventions" - a double standard.

Comment

Do you STILL not understand the difference between maintenance and destruction? To completely shave something away is to destroy it, not maintain it. All of those other activities, combing, brushing, etc. MAINTAIN what STILL exists. I am amazed that someone as idiotic as you was allowed to take over this site.
                deception is deception, Darfy. You are just now trying to move the goal posts to avoid having to admit you painted yourself into a corner. Do you see ANYONE agreeing with you? anyone?

Where does the bible say that shaving is deception and trimming hair is not? Shaving is just trimming to the skin. It isnt "destroyed" - it grows right back.

Comment

Amazing that you are still able to post, then.
                  It didn't say he's still married. In fact, I would read it that he has been married in the past but isn't any more.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Odd to a moron, perhaps. The difference is the involvement of vanity.
                    vanity? I thought it was "deception"? OK let's go with vanity...

So back to the combing of your hair and trimming of your beard to not appear unkempt. Why would you want to do that? To appear more neat and attractive and not unkempt.

Therefore it is vanity.

Comment

I've been married.
                      hrmmm divorced?
                      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                        The Swiss already had the referendum and 78% of the population voted against it.
                        https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-marxist-dream
                        I read that one big reason why it was voted down is that it would make the country too desirable to immigrants who'd want to move to the country and overwhelm the system given the EU and its open border policy.
                        Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
                          I read that one big reason why it was voted down is that it would make the country too desirable to immigrants who'd want to move to the country and overwhelm the system given the EU and its open border policy.
                          Considering that Switzerland is currently not part of the EU that reason is daft. (yes I am aware of the fact that they do have treaties with the EU allowing free movement of people, but the 2014 immigration referendum kinda shut that down already)

(they also just withdraw their application to join the EU)
                          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

• Made it unto CNN too :)
                            The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Comment

• Is that a bungee strap around your neck?

Comment

• What?
                                The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Comment