Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Income tips?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I've heard about a job you can get online, optimizing search engine results. Does anybody know anything about that?
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

"Metal is an apple--everything's good but the core."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Wouldn't those pop in the microwave?

Uses field corn (deer corn) not popcorn.

Although that would be a fun trick to play on someone. Hmmmm....

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    It uses less electricity that way. As long as there is a connection there is power flow. Some devices actually use more when off than on when plugged in from what I understand.
    not really. Only if they have a transformer in them which is pretty rare nowadays. Some electronics still use power, such as your DVR, but that is because they are not really turned off, or they would not be able to keep the time, or make recordings. So it is better to leave electronics like that plugged in, and it really doesn't save any power on other things like lights, or motors, or fans, because they are actually disconnected from the power with a switch. I laugh at that commercial that says "The more you know" and the tip is unplug your devices to save electricity. Yeah it might save a few cents, but then your alarm clocks wont work, you laptops won't charge, your DVD wont record. And things like microwaves' clocks will be wrong, etc. So to save a penny you make sure everything becomes useless and inconvenient.

4. Amen DesertBerean, Jedidiah, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    I've heard about a job you can get online, optimizing search engine results. Does anybody know anything about that?
    no. it would be a scam.

I used to actually do search engine optimizing as part of my web designing a while back. Basically you have to have access to the website source code to put in keywords and descriptions to help the search engines find the page. The other part would be to spam the website to various other locations (like the spammers do here at theologyweb) and other search engines to get the link count up. The more links to a website, the more popular it is so the search engines will rank it higher. At least that was until they caught onto that and know what are legitimate links and what are just spam links and will actually penalize your website if you do that and make you rank lower.

The spamming is what the optimization job would be. They will sell you a program that can spam a link to thousands of sites automatically and tell you that you can charge people for the service. It just turns you into a spammer and will end up hurting your customers.

6. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Theistic, of sorts
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's rather cynical. There are plenty of ways to optimize search engine results besides spamming.
    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by fm93 View Post
    That's rather cynical. There are plenty of ways to optimize search engine results besides spamming.
    I just told you how to do that. Edit the freaking source code. Pay the search engines for advertising (that is the best way nowadays). Make the site actually popular. But what Zym is talking about, "online job opportunity optimizing web sites" is a scam to sell spamming software.

I was a web designer for over 10 years. I did it for a living. I usually got my clients in the 10 ten results on google for various search terms.

9. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I just told you how to do that. Edit the freaking source code. Pay the search engines for advertising (that is the best way nowadays). Make the site actually popular. But what Zym is talking about, "online job opportunity optimizing web sites" is a scam to sell spamming software.

I was a web designer for over 10 years. I did it for a living. I usually got my clients in the 10 ten results on google for various search terms.
    I'd just heard about it, and wanted to get someone's opinion rather than just scrounging around on the internet to learn about it. Thanks.
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

"Metal is an apple--everything's good but the core."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    I'd just heard about it, and wanted to get someone's opinion rather than just scrounging around on the internet to learn about it. Thanks.
    If it is a legitimate job, unless you have experience designing websites and using HTML, it wouldn't be a good job fit. And it would be advertised as a real job for a real company on something like monster.com. and would actually pay you money instead of charging you.

12. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Here's some tips on getting some quick and easy income:

1. Keep your kid's allowance to yourself.

2. Sell your organs on the black market.

3. Break into your neighbours home and 'reappropriate' their valuables.

4. Stand in front of the entrance to your local supermarket with a Red Cross donation box and ask for contributions.

14. Amen Carrikature amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    Here's some tips on getting some quick and easy income:

1. Keep your kid's allowance to yourself.

2. Sell your organs on the black market.

3. Break into your neighbours home and 'reappropriate' their valuables.

4. Stand in front of the entrance to your local supermarket with a Red Cross donation box and ask for contributions.
    Obviously they do things different in Finland. Here in the USA and Canada, we merely whine that the Rich are too greedy and we need to take their money away and give it to us. Less work that way.