Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Income tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
    That's rather cynical. There are plenty of ways to optimize search engine results besides spamming.
    I just told you how to do that. Edit the freaking source code. Pay the search engines for advertising (that is the best way nowadays). Make the site actually popular. But what Zym is talking about, "online job opportunity optimizing web sites" is a scam to sell spamming software.

I was a web designer for over 10 years. I did it for a living. I usually got my clients in the 10 ten results on google for various search terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I just told you how to do that. Edit the freaking source code. Pay the search engines for advertising (that is the best way nowadays). Make the site actually popular. But what Zym is talking about, "online job opportunity optimizing web sites" is a scam to sell spamming software.

I was a web designer for over 10 years. I did it for a living. I usually got my clients in the 10 ten results on google for various search terms.
      I'd just heard about it, and wanted to get someone's opinion rather than just scrounging around on the internet to learn about it. Thanks.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        I'd just heard about it, and wanted to get someone's opinion rather than just scrounging around on the internet to learn about it. Thanks.
        If it is a legitimate job, unless you have experience designing websites and using HTML, it wouldn't be a good job fit. And it would be advertised as a real job for a real company on something like monster.com. and would actually pay you money instead of charging you.

Comment

Here's some tips on getting some quick and easy income:

1. Keep your kid's allowance to yourself.

2. Sell your organs on the black market.

3. Break into your neighbours home and 'reappropriate' their valuables.

4. Stand in front of the entrance to your local supermarket with a Red Cross donation box and ask for contributions.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post

4. Stand in front of the entrance to your local supermarket with a Red Cross donation box and ask for contributions.
            Obviously they do things different in Finland. Here in the USA and Canada, we merely whine that the Rich are too greedy and we need to take their money away and give it to us. Less work that way.

Comment

Obviously they do things different in Finland. Here in the USA and Canada, we merely whine that the Rich are too greedy and we need to take their money away and give it to us. Less work that way.
              It's all about the Finnish sisu.

Comment

Apparently corneas are worth a lot of money, and who really needs two eyes anyway?
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Apparently corneas are worth a lot of money, and who really needs two eyes anyway?
                  Depth perception is overrated.

Comment

not really. Only if they have a transformer in them which is pretty rare nowadays. Some electronics still use power, such as your DVR, but that is because they are not really turned off, or they would not be able to keep the time, or make recordings. So it is better to leave electronics like that plugged in, and it really doesn't save any power on other things like lights, or motors, or fans, because they are actually disconnected from the power with a switch. I laugh at that commercial that says "The more you know" and the tip is unplug your devices to save electricity. Yeah it might save a few cents, but then your alarm clocks wont work, you laptops won't charge, your DVD wont record. And things like microwaves' clocks will be wrong, etc. So to save a penny you make sure everything becomes useless and inconvenient.
                    Thanks for the correction.

Comment

It's all about the Finnish sisu.
                      yeah, you fins ARE a bunch of sissies. Nice to see you admit it though.

Comment

meh. The trick is to sell someone ELSE's organs. And then blame it all on an urban legend.

Comment

yeah, you fins ARE a bunch of sissies. Nice to see you admit it though.
                          You're not really a pirate, you're just living out a stupid fantasy on the net because you're not man enough to make it a reality.

Comment

You're not really a pirate, you're just living out a stupid fantasy on the net because you're not man enough to make it a reality.
                            Wait, first you say there are no NSA, and now Sparko isn't a pirate. Does that mean Teal isn't crazy cat lady?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                              Wait, first you say there are no NSA, and now Sparko isn't a pirate. Does that mean Teal isn't crazy cat lady?
                              I like to imagine myself as the crusher of dreams. Whenever someone tells their kids Santa isn't real my power increases slightly.

Comment

Contra the pirate who hypocritically complains about stealing, here in the US we actually say that rich people who have excess money that they aren't ever using ought to pass it to poor people who need it far more than the rich would.
                                Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment