Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Debate Proposal For Starlight: Infantcide

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    Yep, I realize that, and Starlight has name dropped him a few times as his role model. Outside of a few utilitarians on the fringe-left though, it's still not a "normal" view in the modern West. Treating animals as more sacred than children, Singer is morally bankrupt, an example of the insanity of the naturalistic worldview taken to it's extremes.
    Do you have anything other than these grandstanding posts you know will get you a million high-fives from the peanut gallery? It's kind of getting old. I mean, if you're going to continue this crusade against him, at least give the guy a point by point take down.

2. Amen Jaecp amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazing Rando View Post
    Peter Singer (prominent ethicist at Princeton University) is one significant scholarly voice who would agree with Starlight's views. So while certainly not mainstream, they are not exactly an outlier either.
    Congrats on your book btw. It's refreshing to see someone be consistent on these sorts of issues, as so many US Christians seem to love being "pro-life" but are nonetheless pro death-penalty, pro-war, and pro self-defence-using-guns.

4. Amen Amazing Rando amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea of red View Post
    Do you have anything other than these grandstanding posts you know will get you a million high-fives from the peanut gallery?
    I'm convinced that one-liners that get high-fives from the peanut gallery is the primary purpose of this site.

6. Amen Jaecp amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea of red View Post
    Do you have anything other than these grandstanding posts you know will get you a million high-fives from the peanut gallery? It's kind of getting old. I mean, if you're going to continue this crusade against him, at least give the guy a point by point take down.
    Genuine (rhetorical) question here....

In another thread you were arguing how you hated how LPOT had derailed a thread onto this very topic, basically calling Starlight insane and evil for his views, and you and Adrift never seem to get along either. So why come to this thread in the first place? Why put yourself in this type of situation, with the very people and topics that set you off before? Just don't do it and you will be much happier.

Moderated By: Sparko

Again, people:
    this thread was supposed to be for setting up a debate between two people. It has turned into another civics thread. And it isn't going anywhere. I am closing it for now. It may be reopened and moved but that isn't up to me. the Arena is for formal debates only

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Sparko; 06-20-2016 at 06:14 AM.