Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Starlight's view on infanticide - derail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
    I've come across those people all over the internet - where things are far worse than this little forum. You know what I do? Pwn them back to the stone-age one time, and then not respond to them ever again. Is that hard for you? Put the guy on ignore and stop derailing all the other threads, just because YOU want to discuss it.
    And they are ignored, forgotten, and allowed to fester and grow in strength and power. It's a rather easy question, should all people, no matter who they are, have rights? Yes or no? Ignoring evil, doesn't make it go away. No matter how much we wish it would.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      And they are ignored, forgotten, and allowed to fester and grow in strength and power. It's a rather easy question, should all people, no matter who they are, have rights? Yes or no? Ignoring evil, doesn't make it go away. No matter how much we wish it would.
      Lady, it's the internet. Get a hold of yourself.

Comment

Lady, it's the internet. Take a chill pill.
        "They are just a small group of people, advocating crazy things, who cares? Take a chill pill and let them be."

How many people and positions has that been said about? Do you not realize that people do live outside the internet and do advocating this stuff outside of being online too? The fact you say, 'take a chill pill' about the fact somebody wants it legal to kill children, tells me a lot. How many people need to advocate this sort of stuff, before you shouldn't 'take a chill pill' and say something?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

"They are just a small group of people, advocating crazy things, who cares? Take a chill pill and let them be."

How many people and positions has that been said about? Do you not realize that people do live outside the internet and do advocating this stuff outside of being online too? The fact you say, 'take a chill pill' about the fact somebody wants it legal to kill children, tells me a lot. How many people need to advocate this sort of stuff, before you shouldn't 'take a chill pill' and say something?
          I say this because I know what's like to have some idiot wreck your thread about something that happened in another. There's a time and a place for everything, Crystal. It's not like you've brought this up a handful of times. Any thread you see him in you feel the need to respond to him and bring this up, which derails the conversation other people wanted. It's like spam at this point. Have some consideration for other people.

I don't agree with his views at all, and I'm trying to persuade him. You are most certainly not going to change his perspective by following him around calling him evil every chance you get. So either put him on ignore, or get some self-control skills.
          Last edited by Sea of red; 06-14-2016, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Yeah because you know advocating killing children and treating them as disposable people shouldn't bother you at all... Who cares? It's no big deal to advocate that we should treat an entire group of people as disposable. Not like any groups ever got into power that advocating treating an entire class of people as disposable, right? How dare I actually get upset over such things! Do tell James, would you be upset/annoyed if somebody told you they wanted to round up all Muslims to take care of terrorist? Why should you get upset about such thing? It's just an idea held by some people online. It's not like those people have ever came into power, right? Reality:

Advocating killing gay people for being gay = immoral.
            Advocating getting rid of Muslims to 'prevent' terrorism = immoral.

They all relate together here and how the whole 'homophobia' thing comes about. Should all people, regardless of age, sex, or orientation, have rights or not? Should we be disturbed when others advocating taking the rights away from others? Yes or no?
            OK Crystal, I am starting to agree with Red/Sparticus/Etc. here. You keep trying to steer the conversation off topic to Starlight's wanting to kill babies. We all KNOW that by now. Repeating it in every post doesn't help the discussion. It just makes everyone skip over your posts. Even I am starting to do it and I agree Starlight is reprehensible in his ideas about infanticide. Just let it go.

Comment

Starlight's view on infanticide - derail

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              OK Crystal, I am starting to agree with Red/Sparticus/Etc. here. You keep trying to steer the conversation off topic to Starlight's wanting to kill babies. We all KNOW that by now. Repeating it in every post doesn't help the discussion. It just makes everyone skip over your posts. Even I am starting to do it and I agree Starlight is reprehensible in his ideas about infanticide. Just let it go.
              Tell the crybabies to stop throwing their temper tantrums. I already said what was needed to be said and it was done. The crybabies keep dragging it up and hypocritically do the very thing they condemn. Perhaps they should actually practice what they preach and this issue would have been long gone.
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Tell the crybabies to stop throwing their temper tantrums. I already said what was needed to be said and it was done. The crybabies keep dragging it up and hypocritically do the very thing they condemn. Perhaps they should actually practice what they preach and this issue would have been long gone.
                You always have to get in some parting remarks, don't ya'? You can never just go quietly.

If the mans posts upset you so bad that you have to follow him around the forums beating this dead horse, then maybe you need to put him on ignore so you don't have to read his messages. YOU respond to HIM - not the other way around. It's you with the self-control problem, Crystal. Stop blaming everybody else like you always do. Geez, do you ever take any responsibility for anything you do?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Thank you for stepping in.

Comment

If the mans posts upset you so bad that you have to follow him around the forums beating this dead horse, then maybe you need to put him on ignore so you don't have to read his messages. YOU respond to HIM - not the other way around. It's you with the self-control problem, Crystal. Stop blaming everybody else like you always do. Geez, do you ever take any responsibility for anything you do?
                    "Complains about 'off topic post' and throws a little tantrum because he wants to keep talking about while attacking his opponent doing what he's doing because how dare she defends herself from his accusations!"

How much longer will you keep doing what you condemn others of doing or am I the only one that has to 'take responsibility' and you don't?
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

"Complains about 'off topic post' and throws a little tantrum because he wants to keep talking about while attacking his opponent doing what he's doing because how dare she defends herself from his accusations!"

How much longer will you keep doing what you condemn others of doing or am I the only one that has to 'take responsibility' and you don't?
                      Look, I'm offering you some advise on how you can save yourself some grief. Do I find his views to be pretty wild? Yes I do. I've been talking to him about in another thread, and I'm sure we will continue to talk about it some more. In the meantime, you should just avoid him. For everything we disagree on, I'm sure your heart is the right place on this - I love kids too. But you're not helping by responding to matters by responding to him with these emotional outbursts.

Comment

Look, I'm offering you some advise on how you can save yourself some grief. Do I find his views to be pretty wild? Yes I do. I've been talking to him about in another thread, and I'm sure we will continue to talk about it some more. In the meantime, you should just avoid him. For everything we disagree on, I'm sure your heart is the right place on this - I love kids too. But you're not helping by responding to matters by responding to him with these emotional outbursts.
                        Take a chill pill and relax man, it's just the internet!

Funny how this would have already faded into the background noise if you didn't keep bringing it up. Take your advice already or just ask without accusing or the blind accusations (kinda like how you acted above)? Just a thought...
                        Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 06-15-2016, 08:39 AM.
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Take a chill pill and relax man, it's just the internet!

Funny how this would have already faded into the background noise if you didn't keep bringing it up. Take your advice already or just ask without accusing or the blind accusations? Just a thought...
                          You're the one that had to have your little parting kick of sand. If you had just dropped it quietly like your friend told you to, I wouldn't have said anything else. We can all see who's having the temper tantrum - even a few of your friends.

Comment

LPOT stop it! You are derailing the thread and flamebaiting.

Sea: just don't rise to the bait.

Comment