Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Starlight's view on infanticide - derail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    How dare I bring up relevant hypocrisy that he holds to while preaching to Christians about being moral. It's so terrible of me. I wonder what his position would be if we ever discovered how to tell what children are 'gay' and what ones are not. Would he be all for killing them or not? After all, since he really doesn't see them as people, he shouldn't care, right?
    When it derails threads again and again and again, it becomes annoying and disruptive for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
      It's abundantly clear to me from the context provided in this thread that he was posing a philosophical problem, not personally advocating for it.

Please do me a huge, huge, size-of-Trump's-ego personal favor and stop derailing this thread from the interesting discussions Leonhard has been facilitating.
      Yep because wanting to kill children is no big deal.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
        When it derails threads again and again and again, it becomes annoying and disruptive for others.
        Got to love how approving of killing children, at most, gets a polite response from you, but 'being disruptive' makes you more upset. Why does 'being disruptive' make you more upset than the thought of somebody killing a child?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Yep because wanting to kill children is no big deal.
          Even if it were true that starlight was seriously advocating for infanticide, and I see no good reason to read his original remarks that way, it's irrelevant to the discussion in this thread.
          Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
            I actually find myself driven a bit nuts by it. I can't even imagine how any sane person can say or defend such a position. Just so wicked.
            What's more disturbing is how few people seem to care much and think 'being disruptive' is worse than the thought of killing children is.
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Even if it were true that starlight was seriously advocating for infanticide, and I see no good reason to read his original remarks that way, it's irrelevant to the discussion in this thread.
              Being disruptive = something to whine and complain about.

Thought of killing children = no big deal.

GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Got to love how approving of killing children, at most, gets a polite response from you, but 'being disruptive' makes you more upset. Why does 'being disruptive' make you more upset than the thought of somebody killing a child?
                I'm not upset at all - just annoyed. How many threads are you going to do this? At a certain point you have to just let a dead dog lie, and move on to something more interesting. If his posts disturb you then you should consider putting him on ignore.

Comment

I'm not upset at all - just annoyed. How many threads are you going to do this? At a certain point you have to just let a dead dog lie, and move on to something more interesting. If his posts disturb you then you should consider putting him on ignore.
                  So 'being disruptive' is a bigger deal than advocating killing children. Got it.
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So 'being disruptive' is a bigger deal than advocating killing children. Got it.
                    You really should see a doctor.

Comment

I've PMed the civics moderators about LPOT's conduct. I'd like it a lot if we could drop that off-topic discussion for now and focus on the actual topic of this thread.
                      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

You really should see a doctor.
                        I need to see a 'doctor' about the fact somebody is advocating killing children and others are making excuses for it and could care less. Wow...
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I've PMed the civics moderators about LPOT's conduct. I'd like it a lot if we could drop that off-topic discussion for now and focus on the actual topic of this thread.
                          Sorry, man, they are not going to do anything about it. It's been like this since I joined the forum and I tried to get them control her back then. There are no rules against trolling people on this forum, and that's because a lot of the 'Holding clones' enjoy being as nasty and hateful to people as possible. She's kind of a throw back to when the forum was overrun with them, and she's friends with all the moderators, so she'll be allowed to be this way for as long as this forum exists.

Comment

I need to see a 'doctor' about the fact somebody is advocating killing children and others are making excuses for it and could care less. Wow...
                            No, you need to see someone because you've obviously lost the ability to control your emotions over some opinion you heard on the internet. Ignore him if you don't like his views. Right or wrong, at a certain point you have to let even the most disgusting views roll off your back, and move on to other conversations.

Comment

No, you need to see someone because you've obviously lost the ability to control your emotions over some opinion you heard on the internet. Ignore him if you don't like his views. Right or wrong, at a certain point you have to let even the most disgusting views roll off your back, and move on to other conversations.
                              Yeah because you know advocating killing children and treating them as disposable people shouldn't bother you at all... Who cares? It's no big deal to advocate that we should treat an entire group of people as disposable. Not like any groups ever got into power that advocating treating an entire class of people as disposable, right? How dare I actually get upset over such things! Do tell James, would you be upset/annoyed if somebody told you they wanted to round up all Muslims to take care of terrorist? Why should you get upset about such thing? It's just an idea held by some people online. It's not like those people have ever came into power, right? Reality:

Advocating killing gay people for being gay = immoral.
                              Advocating getting rid of Muslims to 'prevent' terrorism = immoral.

They all relate together here and how the whole 'homophobia' thing comes about. Should all people, regardless of age, sex, or orientation, have rights or not? Should we be disturbed when others advocating taking the rights away from others? Yes or no?
                              Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 06-14-2016, 09:08 PM.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Yeah because you know advocating killing children and treating them as disposable people shouldn't bother you at all... Who cares? It's no big deal to advocate that we should treat an entire group of people as disposable. Not like any groups ever got into power that advocating treating an entire class of people as disposable, right? How dare I actually get upset over such things! Do tell James, would you be upset/annoyed if somebody told you they wanted to round up all Muslims to take care of terrorist? Why should you get upset about such thing? It's just an idea held by some people online. It's not like those people have ever came into power, right?
                                I've come across those people all over the internet - where things are far worse than this little forum. You know what I do? Pwn them back to the stone-age one time, and then not respond to them ever again. Is that hard for you? Put the guy on ignore and stop derailing all the other threads, just because YOU want to discuss it.
                                Last edited by Sea of red; 06-14-2016, 09:16 PM.

Comment