Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Low in sugar and fiber food ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low in sugar and fiber food ideas

I am looking for some snack and meal ideas that are good for improving blood sugar but are also not high fiber foods/meals. Anyone have any favorites or suggestions?
    I am become death...

Just out of curiosity, why not fiber?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
      I am looking for some snack and meal ideas that are good for improving blood sugar but are also not high fiber foods/meals. Anyone have any favorites or suggestions?
      Improving means raising? Anything with sugar for a quick boost if you fall too low, and then anything carb for a longer effect. A bag of jolly ranchers helped me with hypoglycemia during my 20s. If you're dealing with big swings, the obvious answer is more, and smaller, meals. There's a lot to be said for the basic peanut butter sandwich.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Just out of curiosity, why not fiber?
      Good question. I could guess, but would rather not.

Get thee to a doctor, girl.

And let us know how you're doing.

Comment

Good for blood sugar as in low in Durham, as I not candy or light breads.
        I am become death...

Comment

OK, ya lost me.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

as the title says, she wants LOW suger, Low fiber foods.

I suggest: Water.

Just kidding.

Lowfat Yogurt is good and doesn't seem to raise my blood sugar much.

What you are looking for is low glycemic index foods. They do contain sugar, but they are more complex and take a lot longer to raise your blood sugar than candy would.

Proteins (like yogurt, or beef snacks, beef jerky, cheese) are usually good low fiber, and low sugar snacks.

Comment