Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

After Decades - New Nuke Plant Coming On Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Decades - New Nuke Plant Coming On Line

After Decades - A new Nuke Power Plant is coming on line...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...or-in-decades/
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Interesting. When I was a kid, everyone on the left was heavily against nuclear energy, but it seems the pendulum has swung the other way, and most of those who lean left on the very leftist forums I now read are heavily in support of nuclear energy. Strange days. Personally, I'm not too thrilled about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      Interesting. When I was a kid, everyone on the left was heavily against nuclear energy, but it seems the pendulum has swung the other way, and most of those who lean left on the very leftist forums I now read are heavily in support of nuclear energy. Strange days. Personally, I'm not too thrilled about it.
      I guess it's as simple a matter as carbon has replaced nuke energy as the big bad demon which must be conquered.

Kinda like "my enemy's enemy is my friend" sorta thing.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This one was partly finished when work was suspended for decades, then restarted a few years back. The interesting ones to watch are at Vogtle, in Georgia, which are the first completely new construction since nuclear started picking back up again. There's been cost overruns, technical glitches, and changes made in response to what we learned from Fukushima, so the plant has been delayed several times. If they can push through and get it done, though, it would provide some indication of how viable nuclear is in the US.
        "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment