Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Question ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rwatts View Post
    ?

Point out where Jorge.

(You say you will address questions on information. So I ask about information in the context of DNA, and you "respond" by asking what I mean by information in the context of DNA.

That is a response, but it's not sensible.)

And I did define information in the context of DNA and you offered nothing by way of any response.
    You see what I mean about your 'comprehension handicap'?

A response is not the same as an answer. I said that I responded.

Yes, I did say that the answer to your question depends on the definition.

You "defined" it and I left it there because I haven't the disposition nor the time to educate you on the matter. These posts that I write take a few minutes. To bring you up to speed on what you are clearly lacking would take days/weeks. I'm sorry but that's the best I can do.

I will, however, leave you with this: all existing information theories --- Shannon, Algorithmic, Dembski ... and including our own Universal Information presented in Without Excuse, 2011 --- are both fine as they are but also "flawed" in some sense. Those "flaws" are the reason why questions involving 'information' remain intractable and/or unsolved.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
      You "defined" it and I left it there because I haven't the disposition nor the time to educate you on the matter.

In a thread where, at the very start, it appeared that you were prepared to answer questions.

Would you like me to quote you? Oh I will anyway:-

Originally posted by Jorge
      I attempt to untangle, resolve, clarify, etc. many errors and misconceptions involving 'information' with a new 'information' theory.

If there's a question or point on 'information' that you would like to bring up then please post it.
      Did you write that last sentence because you merely wanted to watch us write something?
      Last edited by rwatts; 07-03-2016, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rwatts View Post
        Did you write that last sentence because you merely wanted to watch us write something?
        I think he just likes the sound of his own Internet voice.
        Last edited by Duragizer; 07-03-2016, 11:54 PM.
        "When the Western world accepted Christianity, Caesar conquered; and the received text of Western theology was edited by his lawyers…. The brief Galilean vision of humility flickered throughout the ages, uncertainly…. But the deeper idolatry, of the fashioning of God in the image of the Egyptian, Persian, and Roman imperial rulers, was retained. The Church gave unto God the attributes which belonged exclusively to Caesar."

— Alfred North Whitehead

Comment

• Originally posted by Duragizer View Post
          I think he just likes the sound of his own Internet voice.
          The giant S* on your chest was sooooo much more revealing.

Let's start a poll to see how many want it back.

* representing "Stupid"

Jorge

Comment