• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Hot is It in Celsius?

Screenshot_2016-06-20-13-47-36.jpg

No prizes for the right answer.

First day of summer!
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Ouch. 42°C is a scorcher. When I was a kid, that would have the whole school in the swimming pool.

My cousin is in Dubai, and the temp there a fortnight ago at 6am as 52°C (125.6F)
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

But it's a dry heat

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You think that's hot?

THIS is hot!

How hot is it a.jpg

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          You think that's hot?

THIS is hot!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16514[/ATTACH]
          How on earth did you hit the 111°C max temp?
          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

(108 + 40) * 5 / 9 - 40 = 42.2 . . .
            or
            (108 - 32) * 5 / 9 = 42.2 . . .
            . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
              How on earth did you hit the 111°C max temp?

The unit needed new batteries.

Kind of scary, though.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Celsius --- is that anywhere near Dallas?

If so, it would be about as hot as Dallas.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There's going to be a full moon tonight. Next full moon on the summer solstice will be 2094 (?).

Wonder how hot it is on the moon?

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                    Ouch. 42°C is a scorcher. When I was a kid, that would have the whole school in the swimming pool.

My cousin is in Dubai, and the temp there a fortnight ago at 6am as 52°C (125.6F)
                    I don't mean to discount how bad the heat can be, but if it's a dry heat, I'd personally take 108 degrees any day instead of 90+ degrees with humidity (which is what summers are typically like where I live). Intense dry heat can feel revitalizing, while intense humidity just drains the life out of everyone. You feel like your very essence is dripping out of you as you walk. Like you're slogging through fiery quicksand.
                    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                      I don't mean to discount how bad the heat can be, but if it's a dry heat, I'd personally take 108 degrees any day instead of 90+ degrees with humidity (which is what summers are typically like where I live). Intense dry heat can feel revitalizing, while intense humidity just drains the life out of everyone. You feel like your very essence is dripping out of you as you walk. Like you're slogging through fiery quicksand.
                      I agree. It's one of the reasons I stay out here. I could live at the beach if I got the chance...there IS a beach house in the family but I would have to pay...but that's the only reason I'd even go near a humid place like LA. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                        Oh, and how hot is that in Celsius? :)

Comment

its humid as who knows what in the midwest right now..... upper nineties annd sticky......
                          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            But it's a dry heat
                            No, in the Middle East it can be 125 F and 90% humidity.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

In Celsius?

Comment