Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here in upper North Island of NZ, when it's summer we hit around 30°C (86°F) with 100% humidity. It is distinctly unpleasant.

And I've dealt with the hotter dryer heat you get in Africa ... at the one company I worked at in South Africa the receptionist liked to keep the foyer at 16°C (60.8°F) while outside it was 45°C (113°F), going outside was like walking into a wall of heat.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

I like to keep my house around the high 20s (70s F). But I'm discovering that if I'm to store food long term I will need to keep it lower than that.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
        Here in upper North Island of NZ, when it's summer we hit around 30°C (86°F) with 100% humidity. It is distinctly unpleasant.
        Sounds like summer time in the southeastern U.S. but around here it can often hover in the mid 90s (Fahrenheit) for a week or so at a time with humidity in the high 80s.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]16513[/ATTACH]

No prizes for the right answer.

First day of summer!
          This is a trick question. It is just as hot whether you measure the temperature in Celsius or degrees Fahrenheit

Comment

I'm pretty sure I shared this story before. ...but once I was in a class in Central California and there were some Japanese students there as well. We Californians started talking about the Mojave and Vegas when they learned I was from Barstow. We mentioned how the temps would hit the 100 degree mark daily during the summer. The Japanese very worriedly asked what that would be in Celsius, and we realized their concern. We had no idea so we had to ask our instructor when he came back. This was one of a series of classes I had to take in business math, statistics etc., so kind of embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
              This is a trick question. It is just as hot whether you measure the temperature in Celsius or degrees Fahrenheit
              13510781_1382005688480107_5712931503260679182_n.jpeg

Comment

Well on Venus the temperature outside is 864 degrees Fahrenheit being 462 degrees Celsius during the day. And not much cooler at night. I wouldn't look outside.

But its upper atmosphere is like -283 degrees Fahrenheit being -175 degrees Celsius. But don't take my word for this.
                . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Haven't seen the moon yet...clouds (wonders of wonders! ) in the east. Hopefully later on.

Comment

Haven't seen the moon yet...clouds (wonders of wonders! ) in the east. Hopefully later on.
                    Beautiful Moon --- it's in Texas!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's still daylight here!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

It's an overcast and dreary winter solstice here....I don't think we'll be seeing the moon.
                        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          Mossy, I understand. As a kid in Washington I hated going to bed in the summer time. ..half of the time it was still daylight.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                            It's an overcast and dreary winter solstice here....I don't think we'll be seeing the moon.

Comment

Mossy, I understand. As a kid in Washington I hated going to bed in the summer time. ..half of the time it was still daylight.

And it's all downhill from today to that longest night in the midst of winter........

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                                Here also.
                                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment