Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

A quiz ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    ditto
    My, how original.

Wrong - I'm waiting to see what you've got. Your track record (e.g. Asteroid impacts can be explained by steam explosions) is just very,very poor.
    No, you have to be HONEST [there's that concept again!] in your reporting. Here's the correct version:
    In the opinion of O-Mudd -- who is extremely prejudiced against Biblical Creationism and particularly against Jorge -- "Jorge's track record is very, very poor".

But I am well aware of the fact it is possible for a YEC to do groundbreaking research in any area that does not involve the Age of some aspect of the universe. It's not intelligence that is the problem. It is your commitment to not seeing the obvious in that area that is the problem. Where that comes into play here is that you have an agenda. You want to prove that life can't have evolved naturally. So your 'work' on information is targeting that conclusion. That alone likely* has undone any potential you have in terms of natural intellectual gifts to accomplish something in this arena.

*unless, of course, that conclusion is the correct conclusion. Though, truth be told, research that targets a goal can be spoiled by that bias - EVEN IF ITS THE RIGHT CONCLUSION.
    Wait ... I need some time to gather myself off the floor.

I have no such predjudice Jorge. I have only evaluated what you have presented. Like asteroid impacts craters can be explained by steam explosions. Or that stars are not forming, or that planets aren't forming, or that sea salt can be used as evidence the Earth is not 4.5 billion years old. As I said above, your track record is just abysmally poor.
    Yeah ... rrrrrrrrrrrrrright.

I also heard that Santa Claus beats the elves with Snow White's purse.

I'm not a physician Jorge. And you ARE just so full of yourself.
    Errrr ... it's just an expression. Do you see how your dishonesty manifests itself at every turn?
    Even an obvious inference as this one isn't acknowledged - you HAVE to contort things to fit your agenda.
    How about this one: kettle, stop trying to call the pot "black"! Think you can handle that one in an honest manner?

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
      No, you don't.
      Hehe Yeah, I know, ONLY Evolutionists "understand" Evolution. That's why they embrace it!

You suck at humor just as much as you suck at evolution.
      Yeah, the subject of humor NEVER finds it "humorous".

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
        Hehe Yeah, I know, ONLY Evolutionists "understand" Evolution. That's why they embrace it!

Yeah, the subject of humor NEVER finds it "humorous".

Jorge
        I'm being completely serious here, you could be right about everything you post, but your attempts at "humor" make you look childish, and more than a little demented.
        "The Lord loves a working man, don't trust whitey, see a doctor and get rid of it."

Navin R. Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
          I'm being completely serious here, you could be right about everything you post, but your attempts at "humor" make you look childish, and more than a little demented.
          Only to people like you.

As for "childish" - with specimens like you I AM dealing with children and so I speak in your language.

But I don't expect you to grasp that so believe and say as you wish.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge the welcher View Post
            Of course, you don't understand evolution anyway.
            I understand Evolution well enough, thank you very much.
            So well that you inevitably out when asked to demonstrate your understanding. Anyway, since you're always harping on about the difference between evolution and Evolution, why'd you capitalise it? Are you really dumb enough to think Wally's comments apply to one of your unnecessary categories but not the other???
            What is abundantly clear is that you do not grasp humorous allegory. No surprise there.
            "Allegory"? Was there supposed to be some hidden meaning as well as humour in your boorish and unfunny irrelevancy?
            Last edited by Roy; 06-22-2016, 08:55 AM.
            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Only to people like you.

As for "childish" - with specimens like you I AM dealing with children and so I speak in your language.

But I don't expect you to grasp that so believe and say as you wish.

Jorge
              O-mudd is correct - you ARE full of yourself. I'd take you much more seriously if a large portion of your posts weren't wasted by flinging poo.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                O-mudd is correct - you ARE full of yourself. I'd take you much more seriously if a large portion of your posts weren't wasted by flinging poo.
                When the only tool you have is a poo-flinging hammer...

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  I can only provide an image, not sound.

Try to imagine the sound of this on a 1,000-watt loudspeaker:

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                    Rogue is correct.
                    We can just stop right there.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I understand Evolution well enough, thank you very much.
                      No you really don't. And let me add that there are many folks who "understand Evolution well enough" without accepting it. I think KBertsche would definitely fall into that category (if I'm not mistaken, he is OEC who has doubts about evolutionary theory). Sparko would also fall into that category, as would a couple others.

But in your case, you seem to only understand a caricature of a strawman. To quote Edward Flaherty:
                      "You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

Just sayin'

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No, you have to be HONEST [there's that concept again!] in your reporting. Here's the correct version:
                        In the opinion of O-Mudd -- who is extremely prejudiced against Biblical Creationism YEC and particularly against Jorge -- "Jorge's track record is very, very poor".
                        Not even close. It's not just my opinion. It's a simple fact, and it has nothing to do prejudice. It's simply true that even as far as YEC attempts at 'scientifically' justifying YEC goes, yours are way down the pole.

Wait ... I need some time to gather myself off the floor.
                        Nothing new there ...

Errrr ... it's just an expression. Do you see how your dishonesty manifests itself at every turn?
                        Even an obvious inference as this one isn't acknowledged - you HAVE to contort things to fit your agenda.
                        How about this one: kettle, stop trying to call the pot "black"! Think you can handle that one in an honest manner?

Jorge
                        Oh no Jorge - your little attempt at diverting the content and topic simply deserved a reply in turn. Have you never heard "Turnabout is fair play"? What, can't handle your own medicine?

*BTW - it is odd that Jorge would use a phrase the PHARISEES used against Christ as an attempt to rebuke me ... Freudian slip perhaps
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          No you really don't. And let me add that there are many folks who "understand Evolution well enough" without accepting it. I think KBertsche would definitely fall into that category (if I'm not mistaken, he is OEC who has doubts about evolutionary theory). Sparko would also fall into that category, as would a couple others.

But in your case, you seem to only understand a caricature of a strawman. To quote Edward Flaherty:
                          "You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

Just sayin'
                          Yeah, I am quite familiar with the "You don't understand Evolution" schtick.
                          It's in the same class as "You don't understand science."
                          I could buy Trump out if I collected money for the times you people employ those phrases.

You see, it's nothing more than another version of the rank dishonesty in you people.
                          It is in the same category as the character assassination made famous by politicians and lawyers.
                          What you do is, since you can't win on merit, you attack the person ('ad hominem').

It's slimy ... it's dishonest ... it's crooked ... it's disgusting ... and it's right up your alley!

Humanists/Atheists/Materialists use it often but nowhere near as much as TEs and OECs.
                          That is yet another reason why - to your shame - I 'respect' the former more than the latter.

Do try harder, will ya?

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            Not even close. It's not just my opinion. It's a simple fact, and it has nothing to do prejudice. It's simply true that even as far as YEC attempts at 'scientifically' justifying YEC goes, yours are way down the pole.

Nothing new there ...

Oh no Jorge - your little attempt at diverting the content and topic simply deserved a reply in turn. Have you never heard "Turnabout is fair play"? What, can't handle your own medicine?

*BTW - it is odd that Jorge would use a phrase the PHARISEES used against Christ as an attempt to rebuke me ... Freudian slip perhaps
                            Meh ... now you've become totally predictable so even the entertainment element is gone.

Find a mirror and play with an image of yourself, O-Mudd. You're guaranteed to 'win' that battle.

Jorge

Comment

I can only provide an image, not sound.

Try to imagine the sound of this on a 1,000-watt loudspeaker:

Jorge
                              Yes, I know you enjoy flinging poo.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Jorge, must you spend time answering posts in this thread; time you could spend coming up with a workable definition of information, instead?
                                The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment