Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

The Assumption of Hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post

Though I find that, often enough, people are just ignorant of the other options. Something along the lines of "I can't think of what else the reason would be so it must be this one." It's not helped by people that really are using "this one".
    Granted.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      You may be conflating assumption with ascription and/or accusation. People accused of hate tend to be put on the defensive, which may be a desired goal. On the other hand, people ruled by their passions may well assume that others are as well.
      Granted, but the point I had wanted to make was that we (i.e. humans) are quick to assume hatred in our opposition these days. Liberals hate this; conservatives hate that. If you say something negative about Y you must hate them - that sort of thing pervades nowadays and it's both wrong and counterproductive.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Granted, but the point I had wanted to make was that we (i.e. humans) are quick to assume hatred in our opposition these days. Liberals hate this; conservatives hate that. If you say something negative about Y you must hate them - that sort of thing pervades nowadays and it's both wrong and counterproductive.
        Even if it's not assumption of hatred, the general increase in dismissive attitudes towards opposing viewpoints is extremely disturbing.
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment