Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

God is Great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God is Great!

I recently (some weeks ago) had a talk with my little brother, and during the discussion he mentioned that he wasn't sure anymore if Jesus was even God, or if the Bible was the word of God. However, a few moments ago he came to me and asked if I wanted to go with him and partake in communion in a confessional Lutheran congregation in our town. Apparently he's been reading the Bible and praying to God, and God has granted him realization about his hardened heart (according to his own word he had been "valuing pleasure over knowing God") and has opened his mind to what the Bible teaches about the divinity of Christ, sin and salvation.

God is truly great!

Also, I realize the above is a bit vague and not very detailed, but I don't want to reveal any more without my brother's consent, so this will have to do.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment