Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.06.28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.06.28

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing
    God, Jesus, reality and us…

Shalom!

Our God is in the heavens—He does whatever pleases Him! Their idols are silver and gold, the work of human hands. They have mouths, but cannot speak; eyes, but cannot see. They have ears, but cannot hear; noses, but cannot smell. They have hands, but cannot feel; feet, but cannot walk, nor utter a sound with their throat. Those making them will become like them—everyone trusting in them. (Psalms 115:3-8 TLV)

Unlike the idols the Psalmist writes about or the ones that exist in our time our God is real! Speaking to the “woman at the well” Jesus told of God’s reality, God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” (John 4:24 TLV) Speaking about God’s reality the Sermon Bible Commentary quotes S.A Brooke, “Having an intense conviction of personality, we find, when we come to conceive of God, that it is one of the strongest tendencies of our thought to bestow on our idea of Him a personality similar in kind to our own. We impute to Him will, character, affections, self-consciousness. We make Him a Person; we say, He is, and knows that He is. He wills, thinks, and makes will and thought into form and action.”

One of the greatest blessings bestowed on us “created a little lower than angels” (Psalms 8:6) we can know God. “Philip said to Him, “Master, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” Yeshua said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time, and you haven’t come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words I say to you, I do not speak on My own; but the Father dwelling in Me does His works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me—or at least believe because of the works themselves.” (John 14:8-11 TLV)

God is not some lifeless form created by human hands because God speaks, God sees, God hears, God smells, God feels, and God walks. Then He said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe!” Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” Yeshua said to Him, “Because you have seen Me, you have believed? Blessed are the ones who have not seen and yet have believed!” (John 20:27-29 TLV) I believe in Jesus! I’ve never seen Him, but I’ve talked with Him and He with me, I’ve walked with Him and He with me, I’ve never seen the scars in His hands but they have touched me and I am blessed.

When we make Jesus real, He makes God real, and then God makes us real!

Believe in presence of the GOD and in the strength of his GRACE!
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Scriptures marked TLV are from the Tree of Life Version, copyright © 2014 by the Messianic Jewish Family Bible Society. Used by permission of the Messianic Jewish Family Bible Society.

Amen Gary!!! Truly beautiful words!!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X