Christian Themed Posters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Themed Posters

So, does anyone buy posters anymore? What about Christian ones?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

I haven't bought posters since I was in high school. I had the obligatory Corvette, Rock & Roll and Farah Fawcett posters.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      So, does anyone buy posters anymore? What about Christian ones?
      I buy posters occasionally when I go to concerts. Most of the concerts I go to aren't Christian though. I've printed out my own posters using rasterbation. I have one of David Lynch's Blue Velvet, and I started on some posters for my nieces of Alphonse Mucha's work. I was also really into the concept of poster collecting when I was a teenager/early 20s, especially of famous 60s psychedelic poster artists like Rick Griffin, Mouse and Kelley, Victor Moscoso, and the like, but it's an expensive hobby, and I could barely afford it.

I'm not really familiar with Christian posters though. The only thing that sort of poster brings to mind is that famous Footsteps poster that a lot of people used to have back in the 80s. What exactly did you have in mind by Christian posters?

Comment

So, does anyone buy posters anymore?
        Well, actually no, not since 1968.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
          I buy posters occasionally when I go to concerts. Most of the concerts I go to aren't Christian though. I've printed out my own posters using rasterbation. I have one of David Lynch's Blue Velvet, and I started on some posters for my nieces of Alphonse Mucha's work. I was also really into the concept of poster collecting when I was a teenager/early 20s, especially of famous 60s psychedelic poster artists like Rick Griffin, Mouse and Kelley, Victor Moscoso, and the like, but it's an expensive hobby, and I could barely afford it.

I'm not really familiar with Christian posters though. The only thing that sort of poster brings to mind is that famous Footsteps poster that a lot of people used to have back in the 80s. What exactly did you have in mind by Christian posters?

Inspirational, religious, humorous - basically posters with good graphics and good messages. Walmart actually still sells posters and I do see Christian ones from time to time. I was thinking about doing some and offering them online but I don't know if that's worth the time right now - no point if there's no market.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Inspirational, religious, humorous - basically posters with good graphics and good messages. Walmart actually still sells posters and I do see Christian ones from time to time. I was thinking about doing some and offering them online but I don't know if that's worth the time right now - no point if there's no market.

Make a few and put them on Etsy. If they sell, then you know there's a market. At the very worse you'll have wasted a little time doing something creative.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
              Make a few and put them on Etsy. If they sell, then you know there's a market. At the very worse you'll have wasted a little time doing something creative.

That's pretty much the plan. Thanks!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

That's pretty much the plan. Thanks!
                how are you going to make them? Printed off computer? Handmade?

Comment

I have never bought a poster in my nearly 75 years of life.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    I have never bought a poster in my nearly 75 years of life.
                    Yeah, I don't imagine poster collecting went mainstream in a big way till the 60s grandpa. Now go polish your souvenir spoon collection.

Comment

Don't give me any static you whippersnapper.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        how are you going to make them? Printed off computer? Handmade?
                        Neither - made to order and drop shipped from the printer.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment