Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

As Long as I Haven't Lost my Soul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As Long as I Haven't Lost my Soul

I haven't lost.

God loves me.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

He does indeed Teal.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      I haven't lost.

God loves me.
      And why shouldn't He? He made you in His image!
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It's just hard right now, ya know? Some good, a lot bad and I start to wonder if I did something or am sinning or... I try really, really hard to assess myself fairly - not giving myself an out but not assuming the worst, either. Anyway, I was up a lot last night and that was the conclusion I came to. No matter that it feels hopeless, God still loves me. When I really am at fault, He doesn't hate me even if things are bad. The only true failure is giving up.

Knowing and feeling are different things. I know all of that - but don't feel it right now. But I choose to trust Him - He did things for me before, so why should I doubt Him now? Easy wasn't the promise He gave - just light. And being stupid enough to pile on more when I have too much is my own fault - I think He chuckles at me until I let Him take it over sometimes.

Also, it's okay to take the stuff that hurts to Him - even if it doesn't compare to the Cross (what could?). He never plays the 'one up' card - He understands that pain hurts and He never, ever says it's wrong to cry. Wallowing, that's different - crying out, perfectly okay. He may help us see that it isn't as bad as we thought (or not) but He never tells us it's not okay to hurt just because it's not that bad in the cosmic scheme of things. I think that's why we can start healing because of that realization - when we're ready. It's a change of perspective, not a guilt trip.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

We love you too, Laura.

And no matter what, He is in control. You are going to have amazing spiritual muscles at the end of all this. I see them growing even now.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The water is being turned back on ( No, it was NOT that far behind)!!!!

God loves me!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment