Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

A New Name Written Down in Glory - and it's Spongebob!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Name Written Down in Glory - and it's Spongebob!

From the time he was little, I called my grandson "spongeBob". As he grew older, I decided I should stop calling him that, and started calling him by his actual first name.

One day, he came to me with a sad puppydog face and said, "Papa, are you mad at me?" I was stunned, and asked, "No, of course not, why would you ask that?"

He said, "cause you don't call me Spongebob anymore!"

SO, Vacation Bible School ended today, and I was taking SpongeBob, now 12 years old, home to his house, about 60 miles away. We stopped on the way to have a meal at McDonalds.

After we got our meal, we sat out on the grass behind the car with Jake to eat our food.

Spongebob asked, "Papa, how old do you have to be to ask Jesus to save you?" My heart instantly warmed.

I told him, "it's not how old you are, Sponge, it's how much you understand of what it means, and how willing you are to do it". We talked about sin and forgiveness, about atonement and redemption, and he asked, "Can I do it right now?"

So, about 4:45 this afternoon, sitting in the grass at McDonalds, Sponge and I prayed, and he asked Jesus to forgive him of his sins, to be his Savior, and to help him be the Christian that he needs to be. And he wants to make a public profession of faith at my Church and be baptized.

Glory glory glory, Glory to God!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Fantastic news, CP!!!

All praise to Jehovah and His Son!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

And the angels (and fellow believers) rejoice!

Now, you go and teach SB that song, CP!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

By the way, Jake always orders a cheeseburger plain, and Sponge was feeding it to him during this discussion. It's obviously something Sponge has been giving serious consideration.

(The discussion, not feeding Jake)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Comment

Praise God.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

CP, who's the kid in your avatar?
              The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                CP, who's the kid in your avatar?
                That was just a pic I found of a cop helping a kid, because we had a recent episode where one of our police officers took care of a child whose father was killed in a shoot-out with another gang member. The poor kid's mom had already died from drug overdose the previous year, and one of our officers picked up the child, and the child wouldn't let him put him back down. Even when CPS showed up, the kid insisted on staying with the officer.

Comment

Great news indeed

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment