Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Even MORE [sigh] "non-existent evidence ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    We get to pick between a holocaust and the apocalypse and are arguing which represents which.
    Don't blame me. I'm voting for Kodos.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        So - is Jorge gone forever? In spite of how annoying he can be, he basically seems to be the raison D'etre for Nat Sci. Without him around, there seems little to no incentive to have conversations. e.g. the top three threads are separated by 3 days each. 1 post every 3 days or so is getting pretty close to hanging up the 'closed' sign.

Jim
        I don't see why that would be a bad thing. A whole forum devoted to arguing against one guy seems a bit silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
          I don't see why that would be a bad thing. A whole forum devoted to arguing against one guy seems a bit silly.
          We try to have discussions about weather and climate change but people still treat it like it was in Civics.
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

So - is Jorge gone forever? In spite of how annoying he can be, he basically seems to be the raison D'etre for Nat Sci. Without him around, there seems little to no incentive to have conversations. e.g. the top three threads are separated by 3 days each. 1 post every 3 days or so is getting pretty close to hanging up the 'closed' sign.

Jim
            I don't fault your reasoning, but it seems like there are a lot of sections that this applies to.
            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

000000000000vrs.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                We get to pick between a holocaust and the apocalypse and are arguing which represents which.
                I heard this in a sermon a while back:

"If God had meant for us to vote, He'd have given us candidates!"

and

"My mom used to tell me that in the United States, anyone can become president. I am now beginning to believe her"

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I heard this in a sermon a while back:

"If God had meant for us to vote, He'd have given us candidates!"

and

"My mom used to tell me that in the United States, anyone can become president. I am now beginning to believe her"

Jim
                  A few years ago, just before a presidential election, one of my favorite preachers and friends opened his sermon with, "Today I'm going to tell you who to vote for!" Everyone got quiet; our church tradition is very apolitical. He proceeded to give a sermon on Jesus as the King and Ruler of our lives.
                  "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." – Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                    8800 generations between now and 4,365 years ago. One generation every two years.
                    Belated correction: two generations every year. Wonder why no-one spotted this before?
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

And the occasionaly flat-earther/geocentrist crank. Mostly people here, the few that are left on this forum, aren't interested in scientific discussions. The creationists hold their beliefs for religious reasons, and have no stick in the matter regarding the science and feel no need to champion or defend their views.

Discussions about climate science are welcome in Civics, so this sub forum is more of a legacy thing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                        And the occasionaly flat-earther/geocentrist crank. Mostly people here, the few that are left on this forum, aren't interested in scientific discussions. The creationists hold their beliefs for religious reasons, and have no stick in the matter regarding the science and feel no need to champion or defend their views.

Discussions about climate science are welcome in Civics, so this sub forum is more of a legacy thing now.
                        This is a old rez to this thread. Looks like I made that comment back in 2016, but I've long championed the idea of getting rid of a number of the forums just to simplify things around here. There are some parts of Theologyweb that haven't seen activity in months. Heck there are a couple places around here that haven't see activity in years! And there are a number of forums that could easily be merged. I just know as a newb to a forum, seeing a ton of side forums can be a little intimidating. Maybe cutting some of these down would result in more lurkers actually posting.

Comment

This is a old rez to this thread. Looks like I made that comment back in 2016, but I've long championed the idea of getting rid of a number of the forums just to simplify things around here. There are some parts of Theologyweb that haven't seen activity in months. Heck there are a couple places around here that haven't see activity in years! And there are a number of forums that could easily be merged. I just know as a newb to a forum, seeing a ton of side forums can be a little intimidating. Maybe cutting some of these down would result in more lurkers actually posting.
                          This is a fairly valid point. For example, look at the Applied Protology 201 forum (for OEC/YEC discussions). The last post in there is from May of June 2017. I don't see any reason why that forum cannot simply be folded into this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                            This is a fairly valid point. For example, look at the Applied Protology 201 forum (for OEC/YEC discussions). The last post in there is from May of June 2017. I don't see any reason why that forum cannot simply be folded into this one.
                            Especially since most of the time even when someone posts there, more than half the audience that would participate is excluded.

Jim
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment