Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Awful forum problem: Pressing the image button makes the forum crash for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awful forum problem: Pressing the image button makes the forum crash for me

Sometimes I write long messages. But I have a big problem. Whenever I press the image button, that looks like a tree, in the Advanced Message Composer (eg. to Create a New Thread), the entire forum crashes. The page I have opened turns a much lighter shade as if the webpage is computing something and paused. But even if I step away for 1/2 hour the pause does not end. There is no way to get the button to work or get it to not crash my webpage. It's awful because I lose long messages that I have spent a long time composing.

Originally posted by rakovsky View Post
    Sometimes I write long messages. But I have a big problem. Whenever I press the image button, that looks like a tree, in the Advanced Message Composer (eg. to Create a New Thread), the entire forum crashes. The page I have opened turns a much lighter shade as if the webpage is computing something and paused. But even if I step away for 1/2 hour the pause does not end. There is no way to get the button to work or get it to not crash my webpage. It's awful because I lose long messages that I have spent a long time composing.
    Sometimes when I have a long response to type, I open a text document on my desktop, and do all my composing there, because I have had similar "it's all gone" experiences. Particularly when I'm searching and inserting multiple quotes.

Then I copy/paste them into a new blank post.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I have Mozilla Firefox updated to the latest version.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Sometimes when I have a long response to type, I open a text document on my desktop, and do all my composing there, because I have had similar "it's all gone" experiences. Particularly when I'm searching and inserting multiple quotes.

Then I copy/paste them into a new blank post.
        I know. But it's still annoying, because I don't expect it to happen.

Comment

I experienced the same issue using Chrome multiple times. Lately, though, it doesn't seem to happen. I thought it was related to the auto log out timer. I would work on a response, then when I tried to submit it, I would be prompted to log in again. The process worked, but it didn't (back then) retain any of the message I'd spent forever typing.

I don't think it's happened to me any time in the last couple months, though.
          "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
            I experienced the same issue using Chrome multiple times. Lately, though, it doesn't seem to happen. I thought it was related to the auto log out timer. I would work on a response, then when I tried to submit it, I would be prompted to log in again. The process worked, but it didn't (back then) retain any of the message I'd spent forever typing.

I don't think it's happened to me any time in the last couple months, though.

Yeah, I had that, too, and I think I figured out how to turn that off. Or, maybe the new and improved Tweb did that.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I've mentioned this a number of times, but I think it bears repeating. If you create long posts on any forum, get the Lazarus Form Recovery add-on for your browser. It auto-saves what you type, and adds a little translucent ankh in the corner of the message box. If your browser or webpage ever crash, just go back to the message box, click on the ankh, and you'll usually be able to recover all or most of your post.

You can get it here for Chrome, and here for Firefox. It's been a huge time saver for me, and has prevented major frustration over the years.

Comment

Just subbing for later reference (ie when I'm not sitting in Church)
                Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                  I've mentioned this a number of times, but I think it bears repeating. If you create long posts on any forum, get the Lazarus Form Recovery add-on for your browser. It auto-saves what you type, and adds a little translucent ankh in the corner of the message box. If your browser or webpage ever crash, just go back to the message box, click on the ankh, and you'll usually be able to recover all or most of your post.

You can get it here for Chrome, and here for Firefox. It's been a huge time saver for me, and has prevented major frustration over the years.
                  I have downloaded this.

Even if I don't lose my messages though because I now have the Ankh, there is still a problem with the forum in that the IMG button in the MESSAGE form doesn't work and crashes things.

Comment

I want to click LIKE on your Lazarus message thanks.

Comment

I have never had a problem with the image button. It may be a problem outside TWeb.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

What operating system are you using?

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

I am Windows 10. I had no problems under windows 8.x.x. Or are you asking rakovsky?
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            I am Windows 10. I had no problems under windows 8.x.x. Or are you asking rakovsky?
                            I was asking Rakovsky. Because if it's MacOS, I can't test it to try replicate the error.

-Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                              I was asking Rakovsky. Because if it's MacOS, I can't test it to try replicate the error.
                              does the image popup window use java or anything like that, Raphael?

or maybe he has a buggy popup blocker?

Comment