Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Awful forum problem: Pressing the image button makes the forum crash for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    does the image popup window use java or anything like that, Raphael?

or maybe he has a buggy popup blocker?
    mmmm, it will be using Javascript to handle the comms between the windows.....
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
      mmmm, it will be using Javascript to handle the comms between the windows.....
      i suggest he first try disabling any extensions and addons on his browser and see if that fixes it, then turn them on one at a time till he finds out which causes it. if it still does it with all addons disabled, then uninstall java and reinstall it.

Comment

It is Windows 7 and Mozilla Firefox on my laptop with basically no browser addons besides Adblocker and now Lazarus.

Comment

ok, I will look into it tomorrow (it being the end of the work day here, and I have something on this evening)
          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

turn off adblocker and see if that makes a difference. it might mistake the popup window as an ad. if not that, uninstall and reinstall java or maybe even reinstall firefox.

Comment