Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.07.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.07.04

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing
    Greetings on this 4th day of July…

Shalom!

I am writing this from Church Camp north of Lexington, Michigan where I am away from the internet (sending it from home) making it possible for the Holy Spirit recharge my spiritual batteries. There are times in all our lives when we need to be at home away from home where we can experience the Holy Spirit at a depth normally not possible in the hustle and bustle of our normal DNA (daily normal activities).

I am working on an article for the Natural Spirit Ministries Website on Psalms 27 and I’d like to give you a “snapshot” of Part Two. When we are no longer afraid have we simply masked our fear with a stronger emotion or has our fear gone through some kind of metamorphosis? I don’t know about you but the answer to that question is very important. Have you ever tried to pop a half inflated balloon simply by squeezing it in one hand? I have and without success. When the half inflated balloon is squeezed rather than popping and going boom, it simply squeezes out either at the thumb and first finger or the out through the small finger. I see fear like the half blown up balloon squeezed by another seemingly stronger emotion oozing out somewhere else in your life.

Personally, I am in favor of fear undergoing the metamorphosis theory. Let’s dub it the 4M Transformation, the Mystical, Magical, Miraculous, Metamorphosis Transformation. I dub it the 4M Transformation because I’ve seen it at work in my life, I stand corrected I’ve not seen it at work in my life instead I’ve experienced it at work in my life (you can experience what the Spirit does but you can’t see how goes about doing what your experiencing).

Let me give you an example of what I mean. I remember in November of 2013 an hour or so after my wife drove me to the Mercy Hospital ER because I was experiencing chest pain. Patti walked into the exam room and said, “What did the doctor tell you?” Trying to keep my fear under control I choked out the words, “He told me I had a heart attack.” No sooner had I got the words out when I was unable to stop fear from getting a hold on me and suddenly it felt as if I were in an ice box and I found myself gripped by the icy cold feeling of fear. Yet no sooner had it began when suddenly like a heater in a car that starts blowing cold air at first the air started warming up and minutes later I was no longer in an ice box I was flooded with the warmth of peace and in the place of fear was hope and trust. The Holy Spirit effected a 4M transformation in my life.

Jesus authored the 4M Transformation process and made it available to all of us when he said, “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33, NLT)

Believe in presence of the GOD and in the strength of his GRACE!
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

Amen Gary!!!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X