Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I'm a Coward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a Coward

Or at least really lily livered. I let myself shy away from things that scare me. Which is anything important that I stink at. Job hunting for example...

Being a little fair to myself, I have done a lot of the prep for the job hunt I am beginning to undertake. But it was the part that doesn't scare me. Now it's time for the rubber to hit the road.

I did pretty good today. The substantial part of the new resume and letter of introduction are done.

I think I know what I wanna be now. I just don't want to chicken out. I don't if I'm not under alot of stress, but of course I am right now.

Anyway, thanks for listening.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Rock on!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I don't like job applications. Online sites often have horrible web design. It's tough.
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Thanks. I feel better.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Actually, I've been doing a LOT better.

Until today when I forgot - as in really, truly forgot - to make a payment. So I panic when I realize it's after hours and if they cut off the power it will be Monday until I get it back...

Then I go check my bank account to try and find the info I need to make said payment. I thought next week would be the one with the shortfall (two days missed - the Fourth and then that really aggravating Friday trying to get my car...) but it's this week. So I don't have the money I thought I did...

Incidentally, I DID pay most of the bill - I set up the bill bay long since. But it was $37 more than it had been. That's what the past due notice was about.

Pray, please, that they didn't turn off the power and will listen Monday when I explain.

One step forward, three back - but oddly, although I'm upset (mostly with myself) a bit I'm not scared - not at all like I was. Things aren't better yet - some bright spots (I got my stuff back today) and some not so bright (the aforementioned power bill). Other things I intended to pay tomorrow that I'll have to explain (hopefully). I still have the cash I withdrew for that so i won't starve and can get to work (that would be on the good side). Other bad things looming - yeah, not out of the woods at all...

BUT, I have been praying God would deal with that overwhelming anxiety and He has. With it gone I'm functioning again at a level that I haven't been in a long time.

God is good. God loves me. The rest will take care of itself....

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Praise be to God!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment