Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Elie Wiesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elie Wiesel

"The Opposite of Love is not hate, it's indifference."

I'll never forget the day I heard those words. A great Jewish Man has died today. A Jewish Man whom; while reading his book "Night" I believe he heard God speak to him.
    To quote the book
    Originally posted by Wiesel
    "Behind me, I heard the same man asking:
    "For God's sake, where is God?"
    And from within me, I heard a voice answer:
    "Where He is? This is where--hanging here from this gallows..."
    s

You see something that Wiesel took to heart, A tenant of Judaism is to strive for a close relationship with God in life by living for Him. After studying the life of Faithful Jews I believe while they lack Jesus they do pray truly to the same God we do and in prayer hear from him. I have met Jews who were converted to Christianity through such prayer by hearing God speak. But to my point. Wiesel has died. A witness to such suffering, we can learn so much about God being present in our sufferings and showing his mercy to the suffering. The world has lost a great man. I pray that he may meet his savior.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post

I'll never forget the day I heard those words. A great Jewish Man has died today. A Jewish Man whom; while reading his book "Night" I believe he heard God speak to him.
    To quote the book s

You see something that Wiesel took to heart, A tenant of Judaism is to strive for a close relationship with God in life by living for Him. After studying the life of Faithful Jews I believe while they lack Jesus they do pray truly to the same God we do and in prayer hear from him. I have met Jews who were converted to Christianity through such prayer by hearing God speak. But to my point. Wiesel has died. A witness to such suffering, we can learn so much about God being present in our sufferings and showing his mercy to the suffering. The world has lost a great man. I pray that he may meet his savior.
    You may hot or cold, but not luck warm.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post

To quote the book s

I read "Night" in eighth grade and was absolutely enthralled by it. The world has lost a great writer and greater man.
      Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

I've heard of him throughout my life as the author of that book and a survivor of the Holocaust as well as remember comments that he lacked belief in God. But now I'm hearing he was great. What made him great? May he rest in peace.

I don't know why I am reminded of the verse I read yesterday when Jesus said Why do you call me good?"..."No one is good--except God alone". Every time i think of the holocaust I remember Corrie Ten Boom whose faith transformed lives during that time even until today. Her faith in God and her love of Jesus is astounding in the face of what she faced everyday. I read her story first almost 10 years ago and still am inspired by it and lifts my spirits.
        Last edited by princesa; 07-06-2016, 11:42 AM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X