Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.07.12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.07.12

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing
    Get up to your mountain…

Shalom!

“When they were safely out of the city, one of the angels ordered, “Run for your lives! And don’t look back or stop anywhere in the valley! Escape to the mountains, or you will be swept away!” (Genesis 19:17, NLT)

On the morning of 7 August Patti, our best friends, and I will get in our car and head for the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. For us it is not to escape the obliteration of our home town as was for Lot and his family instead for us it is a spiritual journey to spend some quality time with God in the Sanctuary of His Mountain Retreat.

In the bible Mountains are symbols rich with meanings. Mountains are symbols of power. Mountains are symbols of sanctuary. Mountains are symbols of timelessness. Mountains are rich in Peace. Mountains are the dwelling place of God. I remember on one of our many visits in the early morning I stepped out of our cabin and into the early thick morning mist, “Hey!” I said to myself, “I’m in the clouds.” Because of the dense fog there was complete silence except for gentle breeze blowing through the trees. Never in my life had I been that close to God, even now as I remember the experience I can feel His closeness.

Everyone needs to heed the words of the angel to Lot, “Run for your lives, escape to your mountain retreat.” It doesn’t need to be the Great Smoky Mountain National Park or another mountain for that matter. It only needs to be a place where you can be alone with God, a place where all the hustle and bustle of your busy life gives way to the silent presence of the One who loves you a zillion times more than you can ever imagine. A place when you return to the hustle and bustle you will be stronger, more sensitive, more divine, and more peaceful than the moment you arrived. You owe to Jesus, to your family, to your friends, to yourself, and to the world spend some time with God.

By the way, Lot worked it out with the angel to not escape to the mountains instead his Sanctuary was the small peaceful village of Zoar (which means little place). So find your Mountain Sanctuary or your Zoar because a better world comes one person at a time. And that one person is YOU!

Believe in presence of the GOD and in the strength of his GRACE!
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

Amen Gary!!!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X