Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Major Terrorist Attack in Nice France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been trying to get hold of my big sister. She was out in the streets of France around that time to watch the fireworks display. I'll let you know if I get hold of her.

Comment

Ah, she just contacted me. She is shaken, but she, her husband and her children are fine.

Comment

I'm glad.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
          Sorry....Holland.
          Who cares what the president of the Netherlands... Oooh. You meant François Hollande. The president of France.

smiley dodge tomato.gif
          I was just kidding

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

When I first heard of the truck, I saw words like tractor-trailer, tractor, etc. In my experience there is a big difference....when tractor trailer usually meant, to me, both components, while tractor meant a cab without a trailer. And I admit I had visions of a huge rig like the ones we get through Barstow all the time. Not that this one wasn't big enough to do damage....too much damage as to the lives lost and people's hearts broken.
            A "lorry" -- a flat faced truck -- is the weapon of choice by British gangsters wanting to run over their target. The design makes it very unlikely that the victim gets thrown over the top but instead goes underneath the truck where they are run over.

It seems there was a hero among the potential victims

Source: Nice attack: Heroic man stopped killer's rampage by jumping into lorry and wrestling with him

The man's murderous rampage could have lasted far longer and taken many more lives without the intervention of a member of the public, sources said

A man slowed the murderous rampage of a man driving a truck through a crowd in Nice by jumping into the cab and seizing his revolver.

They said the man had hurled himself into the cab when the 20 tonne truck was held up by an obstruction. He wrestled with the driver, who seized a revolver and fired several shots at the man and at police officers who arrived on the scene. None was hurt. The driver was then shot dead by two officers.

Eyewitness Eric Ciotti told Europe 1 said that as people tried to flee from the truck, someone jumped in and was able to help the police kill the man.

"A person jumped on to the truck to try to stop it," he told the radio station.

"It's at that moment that the police were able to neutralise this terrorist. I won't forget the look of this policewoman who intercepted the killer."

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Story continues at link above.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              Ah, she just contacted me. She is shaken, but she, her husband and her children are fine.
              smiley whew.gif

Be sure to give em a big hug when they get back

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                A "lorry" -- a flat faced truck -- is the weapon of choice by British gangsters wanting to run over their target. The design makes it very unlikely that the victim gets thrown over the top but instead goes underneath the truck where they are run over.

It seems there was a hero among the potential victims

Source: Nice attack: Heroic man stopped killer's rampage by jumping into lorry and wrestling with him

The man's murderous rampage could have lasted far longer and taken many more lives without the intervention of a member of the public, sources said

A man slowed the murderous rampage of a man driving a truck through a crowd in Nice by jumping into the cab and seizing his revolver.

They said the man had hurled himself into the cab when the 20 tonne truck was held up by an obstruction. He wrestled with the driver, who seized a revolver and fired several shots at the man and at police officers who arrived on the scene. None was hurt. The driver was then shot dead by two officers.

Eyewitness Eric Ciotti told Europe 1 said that as people tried to flee from the truck, someone jumped in and was able to help the police kill the man.

"A person jumped on to the truck to try to stop it," he told the radio station.

"It's at that moment that the police were able to neutralise this terrorist. I won't forget the look of this policewoman who intercepted the killer."

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Story continues at link above.
                it was probably Jack Bauer.

Comment

That account sounds a little muddled to me, but kudos to the mystery man.

Comment

Two of the victims were from the US..

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/15/europe...rican-victims/

Comment

At least 84 dead and 202 injured with several still fighting for their lives

Comment

At least 84 dead and 202 injured with several still fighting for their lives
                        So far this guy sounds more like a wack job, than being religiously inspired. A disgruntled poop head...
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

In one of the videos I could see what looked like cops chasing after the truck, so they were already on the scene. Of course, this being a major holiday in the midst of a heightened state of alert...

Comment

In one of the videos I could see what looked like cops chasing after the truck, so they were already on the scene. Of course, this being a major holiday in the midst of a heightened state of alert...
                            Yes, I saw that... Sadly most of those cops were unarmed.
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Oh, Lord Jesus. Youngest victim was six months old.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/fra...attack-n609911

And it appears his cache found inside the truck wasn't very impressive.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17009[/ATTACH]

Be sure to give em a big hug when they get back
                                They live there, just a three hundred feet from the Eiffel Tower where this happened.

Comment