Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.07.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.07.15

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing
    To those who may never read this:

Shalom!

The one who should be reading this will probably not read it! But in spite of the fact that it will probably only fall on eyes that are open I am going click send anyway. Why? Because God has the uncanny ability to get messages through the hardest stone encased hearts, that’s why. And then there’s the praying you, you can instrumental in helping the Holy Spirit put a crack in the stone encased heart of someone close to you, or even someone not so close. Please bear with me as I write to eyes may never see these words.

What do you see as your greatest need, I don’t mean your secondary needs, I mean your GREATEST NEED? Money? Fame? Health? Power? Companionship? Love? Possessions? Peace? God? You know as well as I do the need you feed is the direction your life will go. Whether you believe me or not I’m going to tell you what your GREATEST NEED is (no I am not going to tell you how to live your life, there’s too many trying to do that already you don’t need me added to the list). You need Jesus Christ. Don’t see him on the above list? He’s there even though I didn’t add his name. Let me explain, you need Jesus to feed the need for your GREATEST NEED, God.

I know that God may not even be on your need list, was a time when He wasn’t on mine either but the fickle-finger-of-fate changed all that for me, and whether you realize it or not it has you under its spell as well. That is why you need God. The only way to fend off the fickle-finger-of-fate is through faith in the One whose holds your fate in His heart, God. And in order to get to God you need Jesus. Whether you realize this or not because over the course of your life you’ve had many “brushes” with God already. You can believe that or not but it is true.

One of Jesus’ disciples is knocking on your heart right now with how you can move God to the top of your need list. And in so doing your fate will no longer be at the mercy of the “fickle finger” but in God’s heart. “So get rid of all evil behavior. Be done with all deceit, hypocrisy, jealousy, and all unkind speech. Like newborn babies, you must crave pure spiritual milk so that you will grow into a full experience of salvation. Cry out for this nourishment, now that you have had a taste of the Lord’s kindness.” (1 Peter 2:1–3, NLT, emphasis mine)

To my Glory Seed Friends, thank you for allowing me to say my piece and please pray for peace for those whose eyes may never see these words. In addition to praying perhaps you can forward this on to them, you may be planting the seed God’s uses to crack open their hearts.

Believe in presence of the GOD and in the strength of his GRACE!
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

Amen Gary!!!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X