Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I Paid Less Than $5.00 For a Gallon of Milk Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Paid Less Than $5.00 For a Gallon of Milk Today

OK, so, it's normally 2.79 or 3.29 or something like that, but I stopped in at the local convenience store / gas station, and it was $4.99 a gallon! WOW

I guess that's the convenience factor.

What does a gallon of milk cost where you live, and what kind of establishment. Wife says it's $2.99 at the Dollar Store.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

About $3.49 for 2 litres at MelMak's store.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Being single, I don't buy a humungous gallon. I pay 1.79 for a quart.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I bought a gallon of chocolate milk at Krogers last week for $1.99. They are a lot cheaper than everyone else.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

From the Bureau of Labor Statistics.... average price of a gallon of milk....

milk.jpg
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
            Being single, I don't buy a humungous gallon. I pay 1.79 for a quart.
            I usually buy a half gallon, and look for whichever has the longest time until expiration. The last one was okay until 12 days after the sell by date; I had to throw out about a cup. I'd have used it up before then, but I was on vacation for a few days.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              I usually buy a half gallon, and look for whichever has the longest time until expiration. The last one was okay until 12 days after the sell by date; I had to throw out about a cup. I'd have used it up before then, but I was on vacation for a few days.
              Walmart sells the WIC Milk in Texas, and a full gallon is often LESS than a half gallon, sometimes even less than a quart. That's a real conundrum when you only need a half gallon, and it costs more than a gallon!

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                I drank a half gallon of eggnog last week that expired on December 29.

Of course I stuck it in the freezer when I bought it and just thawed it out in the refrigerator. I really like egg nog and always treat myself to some in July

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Walmart sells the WIC Milk in Texas, and a full gallon is often LESS than a half gallon, sometimes even less than a quart. That's a real conundrum when you only need a half gallon, and it costs more than a gallon!
                  You could immediately freeze half of it, and put in in the fridge to thaw a bit before you need it.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Or just buy powdered milk.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                      Just SAU6Yhm.gif

When I was a young'un I got sick and had to eat a very restrictive diet for several weeks that included powdered milk. Not a pleasant memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        And, all along, I thought you were a Christian!

Comment

Yeah...powdered milk and chocolate (as in Nestlé chocolate in a can) are recommended for emergency food supplies. Amazing what you can do with powdered milk. And chocolate in any form.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            And, all along, I thought you were a Christian!

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X