Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I Paid Less Than $5.00 For a Gallon of Milk Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Yeah...powdered milk and chocolate (as in Nestlé chocolate in a can) are recommended for emergency food supplies. Amazing what you can do with powdered milk. And chocolate in any form.
    Cocoa! That was the word I was looking for.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Use to be able to buy powered milk with 1% milk fat. Can not find it any where now.
      . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Just [ATTACH=CONFIG]17073[/ATTACH]

When I was a young'un I got sick and had to eat a very restrictive diet for several weeks that included powdered milk. Not a pleasant memory.
        Wait, you DRINK the stuff?!?!?!
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          And, all along, I thought you were a Christian!
          How was I to know anyone would be stupid enough to drink it?!?!
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
            Use to be able to buy powered milk with 1% milk fat. Can not find it any where now.
            http://milkmanmilk.com/

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
              They discovered they could make more money by marketing it as wallpaper paste.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah...powdered milk and chocolate (as in Nestlé chocolate in a can) are recommended for emergency food supplies. Amazing what you can do with powdered milk. And chocolate in any form.
                It would take an emergency for me to consume it. It was all that was available on my submarine during deployments. Powdered eggs are pretty bad too, but we only had to resort to those towards the end of a deployment after the fresh eggs ran out.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  It would take an emergency for me to consume it. It was all that was available on my submarine during deployments. Powdered eggs are pretty bad too, but we only had to resort to those towards the end of a deployment after the fresh eggs ran out.
                  Powdered milk and eggs aren't meant to be eaten straight - they are additives.

You guys drink STP, too, don't you? This explains much about Rogue...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Powdered milk and eggs aren't meant to be eaten straight - they are additives.
                    I use milk for cereal, and only very rarely for cooking.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      I use milk for cereal, and only very rarely for cooking.
                      Well, THERE's your problem!

You can mix it 1:1 with whole milk for a decent enough taste - for something like cereal. I buy it so I can have milk on hand when I decide to bake - I probably don't use two gallons in a year.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Powdered milk IS yukky...but with cocoa it's doable. And, as Teal pointed out, it's best for cooking/baking.

and as an emergency supply when a disaster hits.
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Powdered milk IS yukky...but with cocoa it's doable. And, as Teal pointed out, it's best for cooking/baking.

and as an emergency supply when a disaster hits.
                          We actually used to keep a box of "shelf milk" in the pantry for 'emergencies'.

41NoU14jhHL.jpg
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X