Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: If Evolution is True, why do Humans need a Savior but the Great Apes do Not?

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

2. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The Bible does not teach that man has an immortal soul (Matthew 10:28; Ezekiel 18:4).

Might add animals also have a soul and spirit too. Only mankind was made in God's image - not the other animals.
    Last edited by 37818; 07-18-2016 at 10:04 PM.
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

Banned
    Faith
    Non-supernaturalist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post

Grow up.

I am not crashing other threads with off-topic comments. In fact, I am typically only commenting on my own threads. If TW does not want non-believers starting threads they don't like, then kick us all off of your site. Otherwise, join the topic of discussion or butt out!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    You clearly believe in the Creation story. Even though I believe you are wrong, at least your position on this issue is congruent. I want to hear from "moderate" Christians such as Adrift and Stein and see how they spin...I mean...explain this position.
    Why should I bother explaining to you what I believe if you've already made up your mind it's spin. I'm not dancing for your amusement Gary.

6. Amen mossrose, lilpixieofterror amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Gray needs to be thankful you hadn't pinned him yet.
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

8. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Grow up.

I am not crashing other threads with off-topic comments. In fact, I am typically only commenting on my own threads. If TW does not want non-believers starting threads they don't like, then kick us all off of your site. Otherwise, join the topic of discussion or butt out!
    Grow up your own self. I was merely commenting on your own admission that you are simply waiting for someone to "spin" their beliefs so you can attack them. You are not asking anything honestly and it is very evident. Hence, you are simply a troll.

Now, I will leave, since you asked me, oh, so very nicely.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

10. Amen Adrift amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    1. They don't have an immortal soul so there is nothing to save.
    2. They are not intelligent enough to be morally responsible for their actions. Animals are amoral.
    I think you hit a bull's eye on the first one

I'm always still in trouble again

12. Amen Adrift, lilpixieofterror amen'd this post.
    Banned
    Faith
    Non-supernaturalist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    Why should I bother explaining to you what I believe if you've already made up your mind it's spin. I'm not dancing for your amusement Gary.
    I think the truth is that you are afraid of putting into writing what many truly conservative Christians will see as blatant heresy and you are also afraid that they will agree with me that your position is non-sensically incongruent.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think the truth is that you are afraid of putting into writing what many truly conservative Christians will see as blatant heresy and you are also afraid that they will agree with me that your position is non-sensically incongruent.
    Gary, this isn't Back to the Future 2. I don't freak out when someone calls me chicken, especially when it's someone I esteem with as little regard as I do you. I've mentioned my views on this forum a number of times. So far the mods haven't required me to change my faith designation. I think i'll be okay.

tWebber
    Faith
    Roman Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    In a nutshell, anatomically modern humans are not necessarily spiritual humans. I can't explain it particularly well, so look at Ed Feser's work on the matter. Articles are called something like "the monkey in the soul."