Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

No births or population growth in the next age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    could there be other people on other planets?

Or heck, since we will live FOREVER, it is nice to have a really big place to explore. I plan on building a starship and go exploring for a few billion years.
    That would be awesome.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

could there be other people on other planets?

Or heck, since we will live FOREVER, it is nice to have a really big place to explore. I plan on building a starship and go exploring for a few billion years.
      You won't need a ship.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        You won't need a ship.
        What's a pirate without a ship? Gotta have a Jacuzzi, a place to store my dark chocolate. I have to have room for my crew.

Comment

What's a pirate without a ship? Gotta have a Jacuzzi, a place to store my dark chocolate. I have to have room for my crew.
          I didn't say you couldn't have one. I just said you won't need one.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Why? Would we be able to go through space without one? Like a certain fictional character?

That would be a very good reason not to have glorified bodies yet.
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

why not?

Comment

why not?

Glorified bodies. Like Christ's after His resurrection. He could pass through doors, you know, and ascended into heaven without a starship, pirate ship, or even a dingy.

I think we will be able to flit anywhere we want to. Me, I am going to be wherever Jesus is.

Comment

Glorified bodies. Like Christ's after His resurrection. He could pass through doors, you know, and ascended into heaven without a starship, pirate ship, or even a dingy.

I think we will be able to flit anywhere we want to. Me, I am going to be wherever Jesus is.
                  well he was also God, and even did miracles before he was glorified, like walking on water. So that doesn't really mean that WE will be able to walk through doors or fly or anything like that.

I think we will just be normal human beings, but without sin, and immortal. We will still need to walk around, or ride in cars or spaceships, breath air, eat, and poop.

Comment

1 John 3:2

Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.
                    Last edited by mossrose; 07-22-2016, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Well, I suppose the only option is wait and find out once we have our glorified bodies. Which may involve jumping off acliff and trying to fly. In an immortal body, the worst that could happen is that you fall unharmed to the bottom. If that happened, we could then try to pester angels into giving us a ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                        Well, I suppose the only option is wait and find out once we have our glorified bodies. Which may involve jumping off acliff and trying to fly. In an immortal body, the worst that could happen is that you fall unharmed to the bottom. If that happened, we could then try to pester angels into giving us a ride.
                        or you could end up with every bone in your body broken, and in pain for months while you heal up for being dumb enough to walk off a cliff.

Comment

or you could end up with every bone in your body broken, and in pain for months while you heal up for being dumb enough to walk off a cliff.
                          There's no pain in the New Heavens and New Earth! But, it would be funny if you did get put in time out for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                            There's no pain in the New Heavens and New Earth! But, it would be funny if you did get put in time out for a bit.
                            you all sure claim to know a lot about the New Earth. The bible is pretty vague about our glorified bodies and the new earth/heaven.

I tend to think God is going to put right what Adam made wrong. So we will be more like Adam was before the fall. He didn't go around flying or popping through doors. He was human, immortal, he ate, loved, etc. Of course he and Eve could have children. I don't know if that means we will have children in heaven too or not.

Comment

Revelation 21New International Version (NIV)
                              A New Heaven and a New Earth

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
                              Of course there is a lot of silly speculation going on. That's because we like imagining crazy stuff! What's funny is that I've seen speculations from some group in the Middle Ages that thought we'd have super powers(they didn't call said abilities 'super powers' of course). So, we aren't the first silly humans to try speculating about heaven.

Comment

Well, like I said, you all can do what you want. But I am going to be everywhere that Jesus is.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X