Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No births or population growth in the next age?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    I didn't say you couldn't have one. I just said you won't need one.
    why not?

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    why not?

Glorified bodies. Like Christ's after His resurrection. He could pass through doors, you know, and ascended into heaven without a starship, pirate ship, or even a dingy.

I think we will be able to flit anywhere we want to. Me, I am going to be wherever Jesus is.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Glorified bodies. Like Christ's after His resurrection. He could pass through doors, you know, and ascended into heaven without a starship, pirate ship, or even a dingy.

I think we will be able to flit anywhere we want to. Me, I am going to be wherever Jesus is.
    well he was also God, and even did miracles before he was glorified, like walking on water. So that doesn't really mean that WE will be able to walk through doors or fly or anything like that.

I think we will just be normal human beings, but without sin, and immortal. We will still need to walk around, or ride in cars or spaceships, breath air, eat, and poop.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    1 John 3:2

Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.
    Last edited by mossrose; 07-22-2016 at 07:37 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well, I suppose the only option is wait and find out once we have our glorified bodies. Which may involve jumping off acliff and trying to fly. In an immortal body, the worst that could happen is that you fall unharmed to the bottom. If that happened, we could then try to pester angels into giving us a ride.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Well, I suppose the only option is wait and find out once we have our glorified bodies. Which may involve jumping off acliff and trying to fly. In an immortal body, the worst that could happen is that you fall unharmed to the bottom. If that happened, we could then try to pester angels into giving us a ride.
    or you could end up with every bone in your body broken, and in pain for months while you heal up for being dumb enough to walk off a cliff.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    or you could end up with every bone in your body broken, and in pain for months while you heal up for being dumb enough to walk off a cliff.
    There's no pain in the New Heavens and New Earth! But, it would be funny if you did get put in time out for a bit.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    There's no pain in the New Heavens and New Earth! But, it would be funny if you did get put in time out for a bit.
    you all sure claim to know a lot about the New Earth. The bible is pretty vague about our glorified bodies and the new earth/heaven.

I tend to think God is going to put right what Adam made wrong. So we will be more like Adam was before the fall. He didn't go around flying or popping through doors. He was human, immortal, he ate, loved, etc. Of course he and Eve could have children. I don't know if that means we will have children in heaven too or not.

9. Amen Obsidian amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Revelation 21New International Version (NIV)
    A New Heaven and a New Earth

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
    Of course there is a lot of silly speculation going on. That's because we like imagining crazy stuff! What's funny is that I've seen speculations from some group in the Middle Ages that thought we'd have super powers(they didn't call said abilities 'super powers' of course). So, we aren't the first silly humans to try speculating about heaven.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well, like I said, you all can do what you want. But I am going to be everywhere that Jesus is.