Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Star Trek: Discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This reminds me, I need to get back into Star Trek Online. It's in the future compared to Voyager, but brings in older stuff through time travel. The last update added in a lot of stuff from TOS, like the uniforms, and spaceship designs. Now I just need to find someone to play it with.

Comment

I've been playing Star Trek Timelines on Android
      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

"The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

It's also less "hopeful" than much of Star Trek with being at the beginning of a war, but that is similar to the episodes of DS9 once the Dominion War started.
          I watched the "After Trek" show last night (we get both Star Trek and the after show on Netflix here) and their comment was that when they were making TOS people never expected we would be able to converse with a computer, hence whistles and chirps that someone would interpret, and now we can do exactly that with our phones.

I think they had to update the tech, keeping the tech true to TOS would make it seem too archaic when future tech can't even compete with current tech. A fine line they have to balance (Enterprise had to do the same)

I need to see where they going first to make a judgement, but that's the same with any new series.
          Definitely.
          The Klingons are a problem for me.

After Enterprise retconned the TOS appearance of the Klingons, I could accept them not looking like normal Klingons or TOS Klingons, as I can imagine the Klingon scientists working on various methods on undoing the changes caused by the Augment Virus. But the difference at the moment don't seem to fit, and I can't think of an explanation apart from the show runners "wanted them to look different".
          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
            It's also less "hopeful" than much of Star Trek with being at the beginning of a war, but that is similar to the episodes of DS9 once the Dominion War started.
            I watched the "After Trek" show last night (we get both Star Trek and the after show on Netflix here) and their comment was that when they were making TOS people never expected we would be able to converse with a computer, hence whistles and chirps that someone would interpret, and now we can do exactly that with our phones.

I think they had to update the tech, keeping the tech true to TOS would make it seem too archaic when future tech can't even compete with current tech. A fine line they have to balance (Enterprise had to do the same)

I need to see where they going first to make a judgement, but that's the same with any new series.
            Definitely.
            The Klingons are a problem for me.

After Enterprise retconned the TOS appearance of the Klingons, I could accept them not looking like normal Klingons or TOS Klingons, as I can imagine the Klingon scientists working on various methods on undoing the changes caused by the Augment Virus. But the difference at the moment don't seem to fit, and I can't think of an explanation apart from the show runners "wanted them to look different".
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X