Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump commits treason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump commits treason

Today, he called for Russia to uncover the rest of Hillary Clinton's emails. This is encouraging a cyberattack, which is treason, no bones about it.

Newt Gingrich claims it was a joke, but I don't buy it, as Trump subsequently went on Twitter and doubled down on his request to Russia.

What Hillary did was careless and reckless. What Trump is doing is much more intentional.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-a-felony.html
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Hold on, I'll go check my copy of the federal statutes...
    I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

His statement presupposes the freaking obvious - that Russia is trying to hack her emails. It does not ask them to, or offer reward - it does draw the obvious inference that the media will love it.

If it were something they hadn't already done or that was likely to target NS then yeah, you might have a point but 'I hope you find more dirt while wading in the cesspool' doesn't exactly constitute encouraging criminal action.

I can see objections to it, yes; but treason? That's over the top.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

The media, as usual, is spinning it as though he called for Russia to actually hack (what they already supposedly hacked) a server that has already been dismantled.

Comment

Even if they already have the information in hand, he is specifically calling for the release to the media of potentially classified information. I don't see how this absolves him. Even if it's already been hacked, further public dissemination is worse.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

If Russia has the emails, it ain't classified anymore lol.

Comment

“Russia, if you're listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing” from emails that Hillary Clinton turned over to the State Department, Trump said in alengthy press conference in Doral, Fla. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press. Let’s see if that happens. That will be next. Yes, sir.”

Where does he say 'release them to the media'? Again, the freaking obvious inference but no actual call to do anything.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                Today, he called for Russia to uncover the rest of Hillary Clinton's emails. This is encouraging a cyberattack, which is treason, no bones about it.

Newt Gingrich claims it was a joke, but I don't buy it, as Trump subsequently went on Twitter and doubled down on his request to Russia.

What Hillary did was careless and reckless. What Trump is doing is much more intentional.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-a-felony.html

I assume this is a parody post? At any rate, Trump is not encouraging cyberattack. Russia already has Hillary's emails since we know they made numerous attempts to break into her unsecured private server and almost certainly succeeded at some point. Trump is simply implying that Putin should make that information public. There's nothing treasonous about it.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  Where does he say 'release them to the media'? Again, the freaking obvious inference but no actual call to do anything.[/FONT][/COLOR]
                  If they were simply privately released to the FBI, how would the press ever find out about it to be "rewarded" as he says?

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    If they were simply privately released to the FBI, how would the press ever find out about it to be "rewarded" as he says?
                    It's the obvious inference - it is not a call to action.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

At most, this absolves him legally.

Comment

OMJ... it was a joke! Seriously...
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Really?

This is as far as TWeb will go?

Good on you KG. To the rest of the people who are, or will, defend this shame on you for letting partisan hackery lead you to contort yourselves to defend trump for committing treason.

Yeesh :-/

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                            Really?

Good on you KG. To the rest of the people who are, or will, defend this shame on you for letting partisan hackery lead you to contort yourselves to defend trump for committing treason.

I've always said that the best way to impersonate a liberal is to just say the dumbest thing you can think of it, and it'll be indistinguishable from the real thing.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                              Really?

Please tell me you aren't that stupid Jae. Seriously. Please tell me you know he was making a sarcastic comment. PLEASE?
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment