Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Writing goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hit 80,000 words, so my word goal is officially reached. And only three weeks late!

I'm not finished with the draft, though. I have another two chapters started, and I'm anticipating at least another chapter after these two, and then an epilogue to wrap it up. So it might be more like 90,000 before I'm done. Not a bad thing, though.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Good luck, man. I'm editing I think the third draft of my novel and it's being a pain in the elbow.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
      "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
      Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
        Good luck, man. I'm editing I think the third draft of my novel and it's being a pain in the elbow.
        I salute you, and I'm suitably impressed. Feel free to share any details about it, if you'd like to (or not).

Finishing a bad novel is an achievement. Finishing a good one? I'm just hoping I can get an idea of what that might be like.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          I salute you, and I'm suitably impressed. Feel free to share any details about it, if you'd like to (or not).

Finishing a bad novel is an achievement. Finishing a good one? I'm just hoping I can get an idea of what that might be like.
          It's your typical fantasy adventure chasing vampires YA novel. First concept written when I was 16. Main character gets roped into a super-real (supernatural) reality that he never would have believed in and ends up on a vampire chase.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
            It's your typical fantasy adventure chasing vampires YA novel. First concept written when I was 16. Main character gets roped into a super-real (supernatural) reality that he never would have believed in and ends up on a vampire chase.
            Wow, you wrote that young. I'm 27, and about to finish my first real work of any note.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              Wow, you wrote that young. I'm 27, and about to finish my first real work of any note.

To be fair, I wouldn't consider that first 32-page draft a real "draft." I consider the one I wrote at 18 the first real draft. 24 now. In an ideal world, this thing would be done by the end of the year. Maybe end of February at latest. One can dream.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

oops! I thought this thread said "Writing Goats"

so what should I do with this guy now?

1135253-Clipart-Of-A-Retro-Vintage-Black-And-White-Goat-Writing-A-Letter-Royalty-Free-Vector-Ill.jpg

Comment

I've now surpassed 83,000 words (265 pages, double-spaced) and finished a significant chapter since last post. I have a chapter to finish, which I'm 2,000 words into, and then another chapter to write, and then I think I only have the epilogue to pound out.

Just posting this here to try to get some motivation to sprint to the finish line. Or stumble across it, or crawl, or whatever I gotta do.

Comment

I am waiting with baited breath!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I finished this draft yesterday at 136,000ish words. I thought that would be it but then I listened to a podcast that is going to make me rewrite certain scenes of the first half.

It never ends.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X