Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

US Navy to Name Ship after Harvey Milk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Someone said the British Navy ran on the lash, rum and sodomy..
    Winston Churchill said that when he was at the Admiralty. The Board objected to some suggestion of his on the grounds that it would not be in accord with naval tradition. His response was a furious: "Naval tradition? Naval tradition? Naval tradition is nothing more than rum, sodomy and the lash".

I guess ours does too. A more useless individual to name a ship after I can not imagine. His claim to fame is being an open sodomite.
    Well I guess Harvey Milk wasn't as well versed in the art of female genital grabbing as your glorious leader, but he was a prominent civil rights activist and community figure and worthy of recognition.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      Nah! Stick with your hero Trump's modest self-assessment, several times repeated, that he is a 'very stable genius'.
      You really love spewing forth lies, don't you?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Nah! Stick with your hero Trump's modest self-assessment, several times repeated, that he is a 'very stable genius'.
        Tass, while I thought it should be obvious why I called you out for this lie, decorum requires that the accusation of lying be substantiated at the time the claim is made, and I need to set a better example.
        Therefore, let me be more specific.

While you and your associates seem to delight in trying to make Trump the "hero" of those of us who voted for the lesser of two evils, it's simply not true.
        The fact that you and your associates have been advised of this many times indicates that you're either incredibly ignorant, or you simply have no regard for the truth.
        And this goes for the rest of your associates who falsely claim that I "defend Trump at every turn". That simply is not true.

Trump is neither my hero, nor is he on my "good list". I have REPEATEDLY stated that I find many of the things he says make me cringe.

Please refrain from misrepresenting my positions in the future.

Thanks
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

From the main page I saw "US Navy to Name Ship after...," and hoped that it was a new thread about naming a ship after Trump.

I'm disappointed.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            From the main page I saw "US Navy to Name Ship after...," and hoped that it was a new thread about naming a ship after Trump.

I'm disappointed.
            Perhaps in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Perhaps in Russia.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Perhaps in Russia.
                Actually, the Russians are charging Trump with starting a new Cuban Missile Crisis, Jim.

New Cold War? Trump Is Leading World to Next Cuban Missile Crisis and 'God Knows' What Will Happen, Russian Senator Says

A Russian senator has warned that President Donald Trump could once again bring the world to the brink of nuclear war with his decision to end a Cold War-era nuclear missile treaty and arms control measures.

Alexei Pushkov, a member of Moscow's upper house of parliament, condemned Washington's anticipated pullout of yet another treaty designed to restrict the number of weapons deployed by the world's leading military powers. Should Trump follow the U.S.'s 2002 exit from the Anti-Ballistic Missile (ABM) treaty by quitting the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) treaty as promised, as well as the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START), Pushkov said Monday that "we will find ourselves at ground zero."

Pushkov, who serves as chairman of the Russian Senate's temporary commission on information policy and media relations, told the state-run Tass Russian News Agency that "the danger is that the United States is pushing the world to another Cuban Missile Crisis." He then added: "Back then we were lucky to avoid an exchange of nuclear strikes, and only God knows what all this may end up in now."

I don't think they'll be naming a ship after Trump any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Actually, the Russians are charging Trump with starting a new Cuban Missile Crisis, Jim.

New Cold War? Trump Is Leading World to Next Cuban Missile Crisis and 'God Knows' What Will Happen, Russian Senator Says

A Russian senator has warned that President Donald Trump could once again bring the world to the brink of nuclear war with his decision to end a Cold War-era nuclear missile treaty and arms control measures.

Alexei Pushkov, a member of Moscow's upper house of parliament, condemned Washington's anticipated pullout of yet another treaty designed to restrict the number of weapons deployed by the world's leading military powers. Should Trump follow the U.S.'s 2002 exit from the Anti-Ballistic Missile (ABM) treaty by quitting the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) treaty as promised, as well as the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START), Pushkov said Monday that "we will find ourselves at ground zero."

Pushkov, who serves as chairman of the Russian Senate's temporary commission on information policy and media relations, told the state-run Tass Russian News Agency that "the danger is that the United States is pushing the world to another Cuban Missile Crisis." He then added: "Back then we were lucky to avoid an exchange of nuclear strikes, and only God knows what all this may end up in now."

I don't think they'll be naming a ship after Trump any time soon.
                  Trump may be living in Russia soon! He probably already has his escape planned out.

Comment

Tass, while I thought it should be obvious why I called you out for this lie, decorum requires that the accusation of lying be substantiated at the time the claim is made, and I need to set a better example.
                    Therefore, let me be more specific.

While you and your associates seem to delight in trying to make Trump the "hero" of those of us who voted for the lesser of two evils, it's simply not true.
                    The fact that you and your associates have been advised of this many times indicates that you're either incredibly ignorant, or you simply have no regard for the truth.
                    And this goes for the rest of your associates who falsely claim that I "defend Trump at every turn". That simply is not true.

Trump is neither my hero, nor is he on my "good list". I have REPEATEDLY stated that I find many of the things he says make me cringe.

Please refrain from misrepresenting my positions in the future.

Thanks
                    Despite your rationalisations ("Hillary made me do it") the documented fact is that "81 percent of white evangelical voters voted for Trump, these latest findings suggest that the well-document turmoil of Trump’s presidency has done little to dissuade his core supporters". You are "a white evangelical voter" are you not?

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/...-all-time-high

In short, that monstrous creature is in power because of the likes of you. As for your lot making Trump "the hero", just check out MM's Breitbart-fuelled rants some time.
                    Last edited by Tassman; 11-21-2018, 04:00 AM.
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Trump may be living in Russia soon! He probably already has his escape planned out.
                      Do you have fever with these little fits, Jim?

Comment

Despite your rationalisations ("Hillary made me do it") the documented fact is that "81 percent of white evangelical voters voted for Trump, these latest findings suggest that the well-document turmoil of Trump’s presidency has done little to dissuade his core supporters". You are "a white evangelical voter" are you not?

In short, that monstrous creature is in power because of the likes of you. As for your lot making Trump "the hero", just check out MM's Breitbart-fuelled rants some time.
                        Your idiotic assertion that Trump is my hero because...
                        A) I voted for him 2 years ago as the least bad candidate (and I have said that repeatedly), and
                        2) MM posts stuff from Breitbart...

shows, once again, that you're either incredibly stupid (which I honesty don't believe) or just dishonest (which you tend to be proving).

Does it make you feel good to pervert the truth in order to make your... um.... drama queen like .... goofy accusations? Your Mommy must be so very proud.

Comment

A) I voted for him 2 years ago as the least bad candidate (and I have said that repeatedly), and

shows, once again, that you're either incredibly stupid (which I honesty don't believe) or just dishonest (which you tend to be proving).

Does it make you feel good to pervert the truth in order to make your... um.... drama queen like .... goofy accusations? Your Mommy must be so very proud.
                          The fact that you saw Trump, and still see Trump, as the least bad candidate, says enough in itself, CP. The guy is morally bankrupt, he's a wannabe autocrat, an underminer of our democracy and of democratic institutions. In other words he is not only anathema to your religion, but he is a traitor and an enemy to the U.S. and to our democratic allies around the world. Until you can admit to that, abandon the dark side, then you are a Trump supporter.

Comment

The fact that you saw Trump, and still see Trump, as the least bad candidate, says enough in itself, CP.
                            Ya got the first part right, then you got into that mind reading thing at which you suck so badly.

The guy is morally bankrupt, he's a wannabe autocrat, an underminer of our democracy and of democratic institutions. In other words he is not only anathema to your religion, but he is a traitor and an enemy to the U.S. and to our democratic allies around the world. Until you can admit to that, abandon the dark side, then you are a Trump supporter.
                            So, let's see.... an unknown hate-filled anti-Christian bigot using horrible logic and routinely bad grammar and spelling comes on a Christian-run website for no other reason than being a pain in the butt and makes unsubstantiated allegations....

All this does, Jim, is show what a petty little troll you are.

Comment

None of this substance-free rant of yours alters the demonstrable fact that "81 percent of white evangelical voters voted for Trump...these latest findings suggest that the well-document turmoil of Trump’s presidency has done little to dissuade his core supporters".

You are "a white evangelical voter". So when will you take moral responsibility for putting into power a morally bankrupt, lying, wannabe autocrat, who undermines US democracy and its democratic institutions...(to paraphrase Jim)?

Not only do you still support him, "white evangelical support for Trump is at an all-time high". Obviously Trump reflects your Evangelical moral values.

So, let's see.... an unknown hate-filled anti-Christian bigot using horrible logic and routinely bad grammar and spelling comes on a Christian-run website for no other reason than being a pain in the butt and makes unsubstantiated allegations....

All this does, Jim, is show what a petty little troll you are.
                              Projecting again, CP.
                              Last edited by Tassman; 11-22-2018, 11:53 PM.

Comment

None of this substance-free rant ...
                                That's what you just did in this post, Tass.

Comment