Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dementia derail from Mental Health Stigma thread

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catholicity View Post
    Shuny, I'd be more than happy to discuss the cardiovascular dementia with you, however, please realize that I have no assumptions to regarding your case, as vascularized dementia affects each person differently, although there is a particular set of symptoms that is quite similar among cases. (such as short term memory loss, loss of balance, TIA's blood pressure variances, arterial plaques) the main issue is that whatever the cause it is a lack of oxygen to the brain caused by circulatory problems in the cardiovascular system. At this point in my life I have closely encountered well over 15 people in their daily living that have had vascularized dementia. If you wish to talk, please understand that I do not make assumptions, though I have recognition of the symptoms.
    First, we have to get past the obvious 'so called concerns' others and you have expressed based on supposed content of my posts. Your previous post clearly indicated the problem of 'assumptions.' This is clearly reflected in your statements concerning the relationship between philosophical agnosticism and the belief in Theism, as well as other statements you have made concerning the unnecessary confusion on your part concerning my philosophy and belief.

You have actually so far told me nothing new concerning dementia. I also have a strong medical and chemistry background, and considered being a doctor after working four years at Beckley Hospital in West Virginia as a NREMTP in the emergency room and on wilderness rescue.

Are you familiar with the Amino acid therapy for cardiovascular disease?

If we get past this, maybe we can talk. To have any discussion on my issues concerning dementia I would need objectivity on your part, and at present it is just not there.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-26-2016 at 10:38 AM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Ecumenical Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    First, we have to get past the obvious 'so called concerns' others and you have expressed based on supposed content of my posts. Your previous post clearly indicated the problem of 'assumptions.' This is clearly reflected in your statements concerning the relationship between philosophical agnosticism and the belief in Theism, as well as other statements you have made concerning the unnecessary confusion on your part concerning my philosophy and belief.
    Perhaps I should rephrase, and It was not fair to you to say "brain changes." I fully intended to indicate life changes as Erik Erikson's Theory of Psychosocial Development and Jean Piaget's Theory of Cognitive Development as well as James Fowler's Expansion on Piaget's Theory of Cognitive Development (which goes into Religious development.) My only assumption here is that as a person ages, there stages of life, psychosocial development and cognitive thinking changes which is natural hence the religious thinking changes. That does not mean I come and assume from a Judeo-Christian point of view, it means I'm looking at it from the point of view of a psychological stance. Simply I expect thinking to change naturally with age one way or the other for mutiple reasons, whether its study, reading, observation, or otherwise.

You have actually so far told me nothing new concerning dementia. I also have a strong medical and chemistry background, and considered being a doctor after working four years at Beckley Hospital in West Virginia as a NREMTP in the emergency room and on wilderness rescue.
    Probably not yet except we have yet to discuss experiences with dementia. Though I anticipate you would know much more about your own kind of dementia and your personal symptoms. Interesting that you considered becoming a Doctor. I started wrking toward my PA, but a physical injury stopped that from happening which is also what ceased my work with geriatric and dementia patients.

Are you familiar with the Amino acid therapy for cardiovascular disease?

If we get past this, maybe we can talk. To have any discussion on my issues concerning dementia I would need objectivity on your part, and at present it is just not there.
    Yes I am familar with Amino Acid therapy. It's also being studied for frontal temporal lobe dementia, and certain amino acids are studied for Schizophrenia as well as their impact on Autism. There is some very interesting current research that's being done on particular types of dementia. One that interests me particulary with simply Mild Cognitive impairment is blood sugar control through a ketogenic or another type of very low carb high protein diet, which fits in with Amino Acid type therapy. Especially as certain Amino Acids (essentials) are ot made by the body.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw