Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Sunburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunburn

I literally have had fewer tha ten sunburns in my life but my face has had mild burns the last two Saturdays with only moderate exposure. I didn't think so much of it when I was on the riverfront - most of the times I've burned have been near water. But today I can feel a slight burn and I didn't go out THAT much.

Can you become more sensitive as you age?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      I literally have had fewer tha ten sunburns in my life but my face has had mild burns the last two Saturdays with only moderate exposure. I didn't think so much of it when I was on the riverfront - most of the times I've burned have been near water. But today I can feel a slight burn and I didn't go out THAT much.

Yeah, you can. Pretty much any sensitivity can change for a variety of reasons. A more extreme example would be the time my RSD caused me to be unable to go out in sunlight because it was literally painful when it hit my skin. I had to wear a thick paste just to go outside.

Comment

Ouch!

Guess I'll be investing in sunscreen...
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Ouch!

Guess I'll be investing in sunscreen...
          Yeah, fortunately I'm not sensitive to sunlight in that manner anymore.

Comment

My way of dealing with sunburn is to sit in the shade and look out at the sun. Work can wait until a cloudy day.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Yes, your skin dries out and is less resilient.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The worst sunburn I ever got was a warm spring day in Colorado on the ski slopes. Didn't realize how much sun the snow was reflecting. My face looked like a greasy cheese pizza.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes...you can burn in snow.
                  Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

You can burn on a cloudy day, too.

Fortunately, I'm not that sensitive yet.

I'm debating - does a sunburn that lasts only a few hours even count? If so, I'm one shy of 10 for my lifetime average...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I usually burn pretty bad at the beginning of the summer, then I have a "farmer's tan" the rest of the summer. (Which, in Texas, is not November - February)

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        I usually burn pretty bad at the beginning of the summer, then I have a "farmer's tan" the rest of the summer. (Which, in Texas, is not November - February)
                        The Four Seasons of Texas: December, January, February....SUMMER!
                        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

No sunburn is a good burn. All are bad. Use sunscreen!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I would always use sunscreen. My Favorite is Neutrogena. If you have sensitive skin they make one for that, or use the baby kind. They both work. You're supposed to use roughly one shot glass full for your body and reapply every 3-4 hours if you aren't in the water.
                            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Well, I do the bulk of my move tomorrow so we'll see what happens...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X