Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Thank You, Father!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turned out to be legit - no explanation for why he left someone else's card.

He needs access to the house and I need privacy so the water is having to wait until Monday.

I have a uhaul reserved for tomorrow and I have to find a storage unit to dump things in for a few weeks - tomorrow.

Prayer very, very much needed!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Thanks, everyone.

I'm at a local restaurant having lunch and hiding from the heat (107 heat advisory - yay). The truck I reserved didn't have a ramp - its purpose was to get the washing machine so it was useless and I couldn't get another so no truck. I have taken a couple loads, dropped the pups at the vets for the weekend and lost about ten pounds. I am very glad I have no sense of smell and am staying away from other people for the moment.

I'm gonna do lighter loads until evening and start on the tougher stuff once it starts cooling down. Haven't figured out what, if anything, I'm gonna do about the washing machine. It's the only thing I do need help moving.

On the brighter side, I did get sun screen (Cath will be happy) - by ten my face was beginning to scald. And I managed to lift - twice! - that stupid sewing machine of mine! I've never managed to do that before!

So, I'm cooling down, getting liquids and chilling for a couple hours - then we'll wash, rinse and repeat.

So, how insane would y'all think I was if I started looking into buying a trailer of my own?
            Last edited by Teallaura; 08-06-2016, 02:04 PM. Reason: Because that apostrophe will annoy OPB.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

So, went home, took nap (it was 100F on the square when I left), loaded up the car (eh, bulky light stuff, mostly) and came back. It's 8 pm and 85F outside. I'll do another trip tonight and get some more sleep then start again in the morning.

I'm really tired.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Feeling a bit better. Four trips today before I decided to hide from the heat.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I hope you have some help?
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Tomorrow, I do.

Tonight, no... But it rained!!!!!

But I'm nervous about the repairmen being there tomorrow.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

ing

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment