Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What is Trump hiding, what is he afraid of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    No, the evil of two lessers. But Hillary is the debol, and she's not wearing Prada!
    Trump agrees:

""He made a deal with the devil. She's the devil," Trump said of Sanders and Clinton.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...z&ocid=SL5KDHP

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Trump agrees:

""He made a deal with the devil. She's the devil," Trump said of Sanders and Clinton.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...z&ocid=SL5KDHP
      Yeah, that's where I got that.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        So, does anyone think that there is a legitimate reason for a presidential candidate to refuse to release his tax returns to the public.
        Yes. The tax system is ludicrously complex. Someone with a lengthy tax returns involving numerous businesses can easily make mistakes, even with tax lawyers helping out. However, once the tax returns are examined and approved by the IRS, they should be released.

Would you vote for him anyway, even if he refuses to do so?
        Sure.

(Disclaimer: There is no way in Niflheim that I would ever vote for Trump.)
        Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          So, now Hillary has at least 3 billionaires (Buffet, Cuban, Bloomberg) backing her. I'm guessing some of you don't remember the parody site "Billionaires for Bush"? And Buffet has been a "keep money out of politics" guy, especially following the Citizens United SCOTUS case. Bernie has got to be proud!
          Backing with the voices isn't an issue

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
            Is it so hard to think???

Answer is very simple: Trump is businessman who gets good value from name, status and reputation! To release tax return is to reveal lots of info about net worth, income, assets, which hurt his ability to negotiate, make him more vulnerable to rivals!!!

Yeah, I guess thats why Buffett is afraid to release his returns as well.

Comment

So, does anyone think that there is a legitimate reason for a presidential candidate to refuse to release his tax returns to the public.
              Yes. Because it's no one else's business. It's not the law, nor is it required by any entity. It's a courtesy.

Would you vote for him anyway, even if he refuses to do so?
              Yes. Because his taxes are none of my business just like mine are none of his.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Yeah, I guess thats why Buffett is afraid to release his returns as well.
                Is that best response you can come up with?? Really, is it so hard to think?!?
                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

But, no, let's speculate about Trump's taxes instead!

You guys really are stupid.
                  It's simple really. Release the tax returns then there would be no reason to speculate about them. The fact that Trump refuses to despite this being customary, means he's hiding something.
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    Yes. Because it's no one else's business. It's not the law, nor is it required by any entity. It's a courtesy.
                    It's more than a courtesy, it's become customary.

Yes. Because his taxes are none of my business just like mine are none of his.
                    Given the negative speculation about Trump's finances it's in his own interest to release his tax returns...i.e. if he has nothing to hide.
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      It's more than a courtesy, it's become customary.
                      You say that like it makes it more required. It doesn't. It's the bandwagon fallacy.

Given the negative speculation about Trump's finances it's in his own interest to release his tax returns...i.e. if he has nothing to hide.
                      It's the same reason you would bristle at the NSA tapping your phone. If you have nothing to hide, what's the problem?
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                        Backing with the voices isn't an issue
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You say that like it makes it more required. It doesn't. It's the bandwagon fallacy.

It's the same reason you would bristle at the NSA tapping your phone. If you have nothing to hide, what's the problem?
                          The point is that he is not required by law, but by refusing to release his returns, he is only heightening the suspicians that many people, including many republicans and independents, have about him. Trump can make all the excuses he wants for not releasing them, and his not doing so isn't going to effect his hard core supporters like yourself, but if he really wants to win over those on the fence, not releasing them isn't going to help his cause. There is nothing stopping him, unless he is actually hiding something, and that is what the fence sitters will be questioning.

Comment

There is nothing stopping him, unless he is actually hiding something, and that is what the fence sitters will be questioning.
                            Hillary has 30k emails hidden so things are balanced!!!
                            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

No it's not. And whilst there is no legal requirement for a presidential candidate to make his tax returns public, every major party nominee since 1976 has done so, which makes it suspicious that Trump won't.

False analogy, that's an issue of day-to-day privacy. OTOH if I was a public figure and accused of say, illegally avoiding taxes, I would welcome the opportunity to clear my name. So what's Trump hiding?
                              Last edited by Tassman; 08-04-2016, 12:36 AM.

Comment

The point is that he is not required by law, but by refusing to release his returns, he is only heightening the suspicians that many people, including many republicans and independents, have about him. Trump can make all the excuses he wants for not releasing them, and his not doing so isn't going to effect his hard core supporters like yourself, but if he really wants to win over those on the fence, not releasing them isn't going to help his cause. There is nothing stopping him, unless he is actually hiding something, and that is what the fence sitters will be questioning.
                                so if it is hurting him, and you don't want him to win, then you should be cheering him on for not releasing his returns. yet you are not?

Comment