Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

. . . under the penalty of perjury . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post

You seem to rely a lot on yourself. I advise you to read more from orthodox Christians. Try not to use your own terms for things, but adopt theirs as well. A Church is not something we do on our own alone, but in communion with others. If you do believe exactly what the Nicene Creed preaches, then for the sake of others use that terminology, if you don't, then for the sake of your soul I pray you'll understand why this is the faith the Church has.

May God bless you 37818.
    That is a very good point. I find that most people who fall into heresy are those who ignore 2000 years of Church history and doctrines and decide they have some special insight and interpretation that nobody else figured out in the last 2000 years. They think they know better than the whole of orthodoxy. I almost fell into that when I became a Christian, because I didn't understand the trinity, so I tried to work out some solution, then I realized, hey, what am I doing? What makes me think that I, a new Christian would be able to know more about this than everyone else in Christianity for the last 2000 years? So I submitted my ego to the bible and to the church and studied the Church fathers and came to believe that I was being egotistical and vain previously. They knew what they were talking about. I didn't.

Comment