Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.08.05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.08.05

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing…
    Mountains into molehills…
    Shalom!

“Then Jesus told them, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and don't doubt, you can do things like this and much more. You can even say to this mountain, 'May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and it will happen.” (Matthew 21:21 NLT)

Does Jesus mean with enough faith I can pray, “LORD, move the Smoky Mountains from Tennessee to Michigan that way we don’t have to drive as far. Amen.” and we won’t need drive to Tennessee Sunday morning? That can’t be right! Adam Clarke's Commentary on the Bible takes some of the “that can’t be right” out of Matthew 21:21. “Removing mountains, and rooting up of mountains, are phrases very generally used to signify the removing or conquering great difficulties - getting through perplexities… In this sense our Lord’s words are to be understood. He that has faith will get through every difficulty and perplexity; mountains shall become molehills or plains before him. The saying is neither to be taken in its literal sense, nor is it hyperbolical: it is a proverbial form of speech, which no Jew could misunderstand, and with which no Christian ought to be puzzled.” (Selected portions)

I could end today’s Glory Seed now but it would not be right if I didn’t get my two cents in. Baseball/softball has been dubbed the great American pastime I’d like to add another one to the list (although for some it’s not a pastime it’s a way of life), making mountains out of molehills. There was a time when I was a decent baseball/softball player but two artificial hips, a troubled heart, and pulmonary fibrosis struck me out. While my baseball/softball career may be over I can still create mountains out of molehills with the best of them. It wasn’t that long ago whenever I’d hear Marty Robins singing, “But this time LORD you gave me a mountain, a mountain I may never climb,” I’d join him. But when Jesus became a bigger Mountain in my life then even an imagined Mount Everest now becomes a molehill Jesus and I just step over. Know what I mean?

Believe in presence of the GOD and in the strength of his GRACE!
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved

Amen Gary!!!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X