GPS Not Accurate? Nooooo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Same as it does for a round earth I would say.
    But the Earth isn't really round - it's kinda like a cylinder wannabe - too round to be a cylinder but too flat on the top and bottom to be round.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      But the Earth isn't really round - it's kinda like a cylinder wannabe - too round to be a cylinder but too flat on the top and bottom to be round.
      Are you saying the earth is an egg? because need I remind you, it was the moon that turned out to be an egg.
      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

When I first became a mailman, somebody recommended I use my GPS as little as possible when going out to help on unfamiliar routes. It was good advice; it helped me learn the areas a lot faster.

When I do use it, I try to just get a glimpse of a map of the area I'm going and figure it out from there.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I do know the Cajon well enough to stay in the middle lane. It served me well here and the traffic was kind. If it had been bad, I would have had no choice to avoid getting stuck in the wrong part of the fork. I am NOT one of those guys that force their way clear across the freeway in just a few seconds.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I use WAZE - it's user supported and updated
            me too. I find that it is very up to date on construction around me, and it is really good for showing blockages, traffic and wrecks, since anyone can report those things on the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              Technically, it's an oblate spheroid.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                huh. I thought it was a planet. Will those astronomers ever make up their mind? I still say Pluto is a planet too!

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  I had one of those once, but had it surgically removed.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I had one of those once, but had it surgically removed.
                    That was your head.

Comment

I looked at WAZE too. All three of them say the South 15 is the right prong. Bah. I'll see what happens the next time. You say WAZE has active input from members?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                        I looked at WAZE too. All three of them say the South 15 is the right prong. Bah. I'll see what happens the next time. You say WAZE has active input from members?
                        Yes, the Waze community can actually edit the map, note realtime construction delays, reroute you when there's a big backup, for example, from a bad accident.... as long as there are "wazers" driving ahead of you (more common, obviously, in dense populations) they can give you realtime traffic. And it's free. I have edited a number of map errors where, for example, a road is shown as a major road, when it's actually a dirtbike or fourwheeler trail.....

After you rack up a certain number of points, you can become an "editor". Even if you don't have enough points, you can ask a more senior member to make the changes for you.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Ha, found an article that I should've read way back in March! It's also a good summary of the massive changes they did in the pass.

Navigator software apparently have a lot of catching up to do here.

http://m.vvdailypress.com/article/20...NEWS/160329840

Comment

Out of curiosity, I checked Navigator to see what alternate route they might have while the Cajon Pass is closed due to the fire. There are THREE alternate routes showing. All avoid the fork which is ground zero for this fire.

But the 15 and 215 are still wrongly labeled.

Comment