Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pedophilia - The Next Taboo To Fall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Yep. It's a two-way street. The man is the head of the marriage relationship, but he is not to domineer over his wife; rather, he is to encourage and protect her. And the wife is to submit to her husband, not as one who is subservient but as one who supports, like a pillar supports a bridge (note that in this analogy, the bridge can not stand without the pillar!).
    My wife and I have gotten along pretty well that way for over 40 years. She doesn't feel subjugated - she feels loved, cared for and appreciated.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      My wife and I have gotten along pretty well that way for over 40 years. She doesn't feel subjugated - she feels loved, cared for and appreciated.
      Interesting that it is you, the husband, telling us what your wife thinks and feels.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        Interesting that it is you, the husband, telling us what your wife thinks and feels.
        Yeah, well, she tells me all the time, and I have no reason to lie.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiwimac View Post
          Yes, Priest and Monsignor to be exact. My relationship with my wife is not slavishly bound to what Paul had to say.
          Too bad Paul wasn’t talking about submission in the modern context, eh? In ANE Times, even men were told to submit.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

What’s even more interesting is how Tassman proceeds to tell us how a women he’s never met actually thinks or feels.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Nothing makes an eternally bitter and spiteful liberal angrier than to see a woman happy with a traditional relationship.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                Nothing makes an eternally bitter and spiteful liberal angrier than to see a woman happy with a traditional relationship.
                She's obviously living with some seriously internalized misogyny, smh.

Comment

Again, it is the male pontificating on what women feel and think. What would the "little woman" know?
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Again, it is the male pontificating on what women feel and think. What would the "little woman" know?
                    Are you calling yourself a "little woman"? I mean, you're not assuming to know that the "little woman" would give you a different answer than what CP gave, are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                      Are you calling yourself a "little woman"? I mean, you're not assuming to know that the "little woman" would give you a different answer than what CP gave, are you?
                      I'm suggesting that the "little woman" be allowed to speak for herself.

Comment

Why would you think she isn't allowed to do that?

Comment

She's not a "little woman", you insolent jackass. And you are, in effect, calling me a liar. You must be doubling up on the stupid pills.

Comment

Like I said, we've been married for over 40 years, and we are still best friends and lovers. Yeah, that just doesn't fit in TassyLand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Like I said, we've been married for over 40 years, and we are still best friends and lovers.
                              Glad to hear it. Congratulations, 40 years is quite an achievement.

Yeah, that just doesn't fit in TassyLand.
                              What fits in “Tassyland” is that husbands and wives are equal partners, not that the man is the head of the marriage with the wife subordinate to him. Things have moved on from Paul’s day...you know suffragettes and all that.

Comment

Glad to hear it. Congratulations, 40 years is quite an achievement.
                                Thirty-eight of the best years of my life!

What fits in “Tassyland” is that husbands and wives are equal partners,
                                Are you married? How long?

not that the man is the head of the marriage with the wife subordinate to him.
                                You really don't understand Christian marriage at all.

Things have moved on from Paul’s day...you know suffragettes and all that.
                                Every body needs one head. With no head, it's dead. With more than one head, it's a monster. That's why the "51% ownership" principle is so important in business. Somebody needs to be "the head", but that doesn't mean they're "the boss". It means they take responsibility for the family.

The fact that you think that women have to bow to YOUR notion of what their role should be shows you don't know squat marriage.

Comment